Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

"Come and see what God has done,
how awesome his works in man's behalf! "

Psalm 66:5


Today I am thankful for:
  • What God has done in my life, what He is doing, and what He is going to do... His works are awesome, and He never fails to astound me and amaze me... How thankful I am that He chooses to work in my simple, ordinary life...
  • The gift of His Holy Spirit... I am so thankful that His Spirit indwells me and that He gives of His Spirit without limit...
  • I am thankful for our home and that we have shelter from the storms...
  • I am also thankful that I can find shelter from the storms of this life under His wings, in His presence...
  • I am thankful for friends that you have for life... you know the kind, the ones who are there through every season, who you may not see for 6 months and then when you do see them it is just like you just saw them yesterday... I had lunch with friends like that yesterday and it was such a good time of fellowship...
  • I am thankful for my wonderful church family and for their love and support for our family...
  • I am thankful that my children are getting over their coughs and ear infections and are feeling well!
  • I am so thankful that David has earned his "big boy shovel"! He had to keep his pull-up dry for 7 nights in a row to graduate to wearing big boy undies at night and to get his prize of his "big boy shovel"... He has been trying for about 2 years, his shovel has been hanging in the garage that long. He got it yesterday morning and was he ever so proud... you will probably see a picture next Wednesday!!
  • I am thankful that my kids have played together so well today...
  • I am thankful that today has just been a relaxing, lazy kind of day... it has been wonderful!

I am late posting this today, I just have not been in a hurry to get it done and have enjoyed not being on the computer much today! But I have had a thankful heart... what are you thankful for today? I encourage you to stop and take the time to think about it, I am sure you can find lots to give Him thanks for!

For more TT posts visit Laurie over at Women Taking a Stand.

post signature

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't wait to see the big boy shovel! and I'm glad you had a fun lunch, those are the best kind. I hope your hands are better. I must have missed you Sunday while I was in the nursery, I wanted to inspect them--haha! Your hands I mean....I wanted to inspect your hands. :)lol--just kidding, but I could bust out some neosporin if you needed me to.
Enjoy your lazy rainy day!

Denise said...

Sweet blessings, thanks for sharing.

DeeDee said...

It is good to sometimes have a lazy, relaxing day.

Tell David I am so proud of him...
I want to see the shovel.

Thankful for you.
Blessings

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet grateful heart with us today! Happy TT - Laurie

Up Close said...

May the Lord bless you as you praise HIM for He have done in your life. May more of HIM in your life.

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your thankfulness! I'm especially thankful for our friend, the Holy Spirit, also!