Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cardboard Testimonies, Reversal of Destinys



I just have to say... God showed up in a BIG way at our church today!! The move of His Spirit was mighty and I feel it is just the beginning of people beginning to be set free from years of bondage to sin, set free to worship and serve our Lord and Savior like no other!! I did not want to leave the service, I could have stayed and worshiped Him ALL DAY LONG! Praise You Jesus for the work you are doing in all of our lives!!

I just have to share that today's sermon just echoed in a point that has been made through the Esther Bible study by Beth Moore that I am currently leading... Our God is a God who reverses destiny's!! He is a God of reversals... all the things that the enemy has intended for our harm God reverses them, uses them for our good, and for His glory! The sermon illustrated this point beautifully, and everyone's cardboard testimonies were wonderful examples of how our God has reversed our destiny's for our good and for His glory!!

I continue to be amazed at our God... I am so thankful for His love for me, for His redeeming grace, for His forgiveness, and that He has reversed my destiny from one that Satan would use to harm me to one that He will use for my good and for His glory!

Have you allowed God to reverse your destiny? Is there evidence in your life that He has taken something the enemy meant for harm and used it for your good and for His glory? If so, what would your cardboard say...

If you can only fill out the 1st side of your cardboard, what would you like the other side to say? Pray for God to make it so! Nothing is impossible with Him, and He IS the God who reverses our destiny's!!


DeeDee has also posted about today's service if you want to check it out... she has lots more pictures!

post signature

11 comments:

DeeDee said...

great post Tricia...
It was a wonderful service.

I too posted a blog with some pics... but from my seat - I could not get them all. So glad that you decided to share your "cardboard ministry" here too.

Thank you for your willingness to be transparent...and allowing God to use you.

:)

Melanie said...

Hi, Tricia! After I saw your post yesterday, I have been watching thru the afternoon for your post today sharing how the service went this morning. I love what you had on your cardboard sign... it is so true that we can find perfect love in our Lord! And I am thrilled that you have had that experience.

So excited about all that lies ahead for your church.

Love you!

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful messae and powerful testimony you have. Our GOD is amazing! His love and mercy is so evident all around us...I pray for ALL to come to know Him through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Bless you.

Darlene said...

I wish we could have been there! I knew it would be AWESOME! Joey finally made it home around 1am...I have my mom this weekend and she is still weak.
That is why we missed today!
Thanks for praying!!!

Marsha said...

Tricia, this is awesome! Yes, I agree, He is about the business of reversing our direction and putting us on the path He has created us for.

Have a blessed week.

Krista said...

What an awesome testimony of what God has done in each person's life! I sit and think, what would I put on my cardboard? Glad to see the Spirit of God moving through your church!

Love you,
Krista

Gloria Gutierrez said...

You've inspired me,Tricia, over and over again. Got to thinking about my cardboard testimony as I was driving to church yesterday...
"What about ME!?!" the reverse ...
"IT"S ALLLLL ABOUT HIM!!!!"
Love and appreciate you,
Gloria

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Loved Yesterday - should have filled out my own card :-) You all blessed me so much! Lara :-)

Laurie Ann said...

I love your cardboard testimony. Mine would be similar. Sounds like a great service! I'd have loved to have seen it and experienced it.

Jennifer said...

I love the cardboard testimonies...I wish we would do one at our church. I can only imagine how freeing it would be and the healing it would promote in so many others who think they are all alone in what they have done or feel.

Absolutely amazing how my God is a God of reversals. PTL!!!

((hugs))

Tracy said...

Tricia,
How awesome your church did this! I'm espcially excited that you took part. How awesome that God spoke so clearly through your Bible study, and then brought home the point again so strongly through these testimonies this weekend. I've seen a video of these on a couple of occassions and they never fail to move me. No doubt it was a powerful sermon in and of itself. I could have written your very card...both the front AND the back...praise God!

P.S. Thank you for your sweet encouragement today! = )