- Tomorrow we have the boys 4K Easter party here at our house... 16 kids with parents and siblings... oh my, why did I volunteer?
- This weekend we have family coming into town on Saturday, then more family coming on Sunday night... I have meals to plan and prepare, and the house to clean again after all the kids tomorrow!
- Next weekend we are a host home for Disciple Now at our church... we will have a house full of girls, probably, but I haven't heard for sure yet... once again I will need a clean house, snacks for the girls, and breakfast for 1 morning... the church feeds them the rest of the time!
- An upcoming field trip with the boys 4K class for which we are responsible for the snack for everyone...
- Mother's Day is coming up... need to make plans for that...
- Then a big trip to Texas where my husband is the best man as his best friend gets married! We will be driving... which will be a LONG drive...
- And then when we get back from that I have to get into VBS mode and prepare to teach the 5th and 6th graders...
- And after that... a much needed break!! Our Ladies Beach Retreat from church... how soon can it get here!!
So for the next few days I am taking a blogging break, so I can focus on my Savior and my family, and so I can do a bit of planning so I will not be so stressed!
I have an Easter post in me... I feel it, just haven't had the time to sit and write it, hopefully later in the week I can do that... I encourage you to take some extra time and focus on what our Savior has done for us, spend some time just sitting at His feet, and worship Him... Worthy is the Lamb!













14 comments:
I hope you do find time to be still, dear friend. I also have a lot of passover, easter, spring and ministry plans on the go, but I am trying to slow down everything else to keep life at an even keel, I'm hoping that I can ease myself from one to the other without any stress or loss of sanity and that I will be able to relish and enjoy each moment He provides, since it's all pointless otherwise!
He is Risen!
Oh my, Tricia... you do have a busy month ahead. Hope it all goes smoothly and is so much fun!
Life is extremely busy these days...
I completely understand. I do not have my "Easter" post together yet either... Partially in my head but just not on the paper yet. I am still behind on my scripture verses too.
Have a great week- as you focus and plan. Remember that the JOY of the Lord is your strength!
Love you Tricia!
Happy Easter!
If you need help with all those girls let me know. I wanted to volunteer my home, but they prefer homes that are closer.
p.s. You are making me want to go take a nap!! Seriously, let me know if you need help with some of your list--
Tricia,
You deserve a break, although it sounds pretty busy. You have my prayers and blessings during this time while you destress, plan and enjoy the moments you have with your family and all of the events that are about to take place.
My love and peace to you dear friend,
Alleluiabelle
Slow down my sweet friend! I hope by focusing on Him and taking a well deserved break that you will come back refreshed and ready to bless us all with your excellent words from the heart!
Sitting at His feet this week too,
Krista
Wow! thanks, this helped me take a breath from my busy week too....I have 2 birthdays this week (mike and somer) and 2 Easter family celebrations. One I just found out about. A family member volunteered me to host a party and cook for everyone. Wasn't that nice. I hope in all my chaos, I can reflect on the joy of my salvation during this great time of celebration. Good luck with all your responsibilites and remember these are the best of times.... when your children are older and maybe even married, you will look to these crazy times as great ones.
blessings...
candace
Oh, I know the feeling! One thing at a time and don't stress about blogging. I had to take a break a week or so ago to get my priorities straight. It was once at the very top of my list and now, it has moved down into it's proper place...below my family and responsibilites.
Try to just breathe and take one thing at a time. That is coming from someone who is extremely high strung ;-) LOL!
See you when you get back!
((hugs))
You will need that fuel to sustain you through this busyness. I will be praying for you, Tricia. Hugs & Love, Laurie Ann
Enjoy your time of stillness.
I used to tell my husband that my ideal vacation was to go to a cabin in the mountains. The first two days would be only me and God to re-establish the intimacy in our relationship. The next two days my husband would join me and we would re-establish "us", and then our two sons would join us the next two days to re-establish the joy of family. Everything in order. =) My boys are young adults and the crazy days of the extremely busy family life with church activities, endless sports, school, committees and ministries have passed. I never took my "orderly" vacation, but it still brings a smile to my heart to think about it. =)
I certainly understand your need for a break. Things do sound exceptionally busy at your house these days. Praying God refreshes you as only He can. Have a joyous and blessed Easter, my friend.
Blessings,
Tracy
Being still...and knowing God. That is exactly what the Lord wants of us when life is so busy we can't think straight. I hope you enjoy the peace God will provided during your blogging break. Do it with His blessing and ours.
Love in Christ,
Lisa
I understand the busy times. One day you will look back and realize these are the best times and you will miss them....I know I do.
I am behind in so many things. I must take the time to make a list of to do's and try to stick to it. I use to do this and it worked. Now that I have time on my hands it feels as tho I can't get anything accomplished!
Enjoy your time!
Post a Comment