Monday, April 27, 2009

Catching up...




These past few weeks have been crazy busy... as I knew they would be, however, I can feel things slowing down and it feels great! Hopefully this week I can visit all of my blogging friends that I have missed visiting with the past couple of weeks... I have greatly missed reading your encouraging posts and seeing what is going on in all of your lives.

This weekend was a really fun and good weekend for our family! I ran a 5K on Saturday, and beat my time from the last one I ran by a few seconds (and that even included a quick stop for a potty break! I had to stop or I would have wet my pants... don't drink too much water before running!!) My time was 31:29 and I just checked the results and found out I came in 6th for my age group... I was proud of that!

David also decided that he wanted to run the 1 mile fun run... and he did GREAT! He ran his little heart out for the whole mile and finished in 9:46! He was so very proud to get to cross the finish line. However, he has not been happy with his legs being sore!

Later that day we went to a huge event called Stadium Fest at a local university in town. It was lots of fun but very HOT! The boys enjoyed watching the BMX bike demo and rolling down a huge hill over and over. We all enjoyed the good music (Kevin Derryberry and Chris Tomlin) and the testiomonies of what God had done in people's lives... and as a result hundreds came to know Christ as their Lord and Savior!!!

Last night we finished our ladies Bible study, the Esther study by Beth Moore. This has been such a good study... it has been really great to study about a woman in the scriptures! We ended our study with a feast and great fellowship here at our home, watched the last video, and then those who wanted to share could share how God has reversed their destiny... it was a sweet and precious time! I hope later in the week sometime to share with you some nuggets of what I have learned from this study...

Have a wonderful day and go spend some time with Jesus!


post signature

4 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Tricia - CONGRATULATIONS to you both!! How exciting!!!!

Get some rest dear one and we'll see you around blog land when you can. Bless you. I grabbed your button.

3tosew said...

I am so proud of you. This is the first blog I have read in so long. Hopefully, things will slow down in the next month. Missed keeping up with you!
Mandy

Meredith said...

Proud of you! wow, can't believe you were able to throw in all that other stuff after running a 5k! You are a machine!! I too have enjoyed the Esther study, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Melanie said...

Congrats on 6th place and improving your time from the last race you ran!! YEA!

I bet it was so great to run with David, too. I just love that he wanted to do this with you.