Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Resurrection

What does the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead mean to you personally? My thoughts have been centered on His resurrection this week, one what His resurrection means to me personally.

The resurrection of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...

It means I serve a living God who has, who is, and who will conquer death!

It means I serve a personal God who cares enough about me, who longed for reconciliation and fellowship with me so much so that He provided His very own precious Son to fulfill the requirements of a blood sacrifice for the remission of my ugly, awful sins...

It means I serve a redeeming God who is able to take my yucky past, all my sins and failures, and somehow, in a way that daily amazes me, redeem them and use them to bring Him glory.

It means I serve a God of hope, who through the resurrection of His Son is able to give me hope of eternal life with Him.

It means I serve a God of freedom, who frees me from the bondage and the control of sin, who frees me from guilt and shame, and who frees me from having to try to live up to worldly expectations. As it says in John 8:36, He who the Son sets free is free indeed! This God of freedom frees me to be what He created me to be, and He frees me to serve Him with my whole heart, with all that I am!

It means I serve a God of life, for Jesus came to give me life and to give me life abundantly!


Jesus gave His all for me -

His sacrifice gives me life -

I give Him my life, in total surrender, because He is worthy of my all...


What does the resurrection of Christ mean to you?


May you have a blessed and glorious Resurrection Day, and may the resurrection power of our Lord work wonders and miracles in your life that will point others to Him and that will bring you to your knees in worship and adoration of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, of the precious lamb of God.

post signature

3 comments:

Jennifer R said...

Hi! So, I was going to thank you on facebook for helping me write that essay the other day, but then I was reading your blog and decided to comment on here! Anywho, thanks! My mom was right... you do have an amazing way of putting words together! Thanks again!

JEN

DeeDee said...

I agree with Jennifer and Jerrie... you do have a way with your words.!
Looking forward to worshiping with you tomorrow as we WORSHIP OUR RISEN LORD TOGETHER!

Joyeful said...

Tricia, it is so encouraging to read your posts! I just love the way you open up scripture! I was excited to see a link to you on Lynette Kraft's page where DeeDee was featured!