January - The boys turned 4 and had a fire-truck themed birthday party with a visit to the local fire station. However, the real highlight of the day was that it snowed for their birthday party! They were so very excited about the snow and thought that it had snowed just for their party!
February - Celebrating my birthday was the best part of February. We had all been sick with the flu and strept throat for approximately 6 weeks, so for all of us to be well and able to celebrate my birthday was a blessing. We took the boys bowling for the 1st time and they had a blast! Then that night my husband took me out for dinner without the kids. It was a great day!
March - Last winter and early spring I was teaching a young girls Bible study on prayer. One of the nights we met together was the highlight of March for me. On that night we spent some extended time in prayer and it was one of the sweetest times I have experienced. These girls were and are obviously learning to pray, it was a precious and sweet time of prayer.
April - Some of my favorite memories from April are when Paul, my very picky eater, decided to eat an apple without any prompting from anyone. If you need a good laugh you just have to go see this video. Another great memory from April is taking my boys to pick strawberries. We have done this for the past 3 years and it is always lots of fun!
May - A desire was unexpectedly fulfilled! I got a mini-van. Read here to see how God so graciously provided for us! And we received it just in time to take it on vacation to the beach, another great memory from May!
June - There were lots of memories from June, from teaching preschoolers in VBS! (Not too sure I am cut out for that!), to a great visit from a great friend who is a missionary in a far away place, to going to the Deeper Still conference with ladies from church. However, the one that stands out the most is probably when David split his forehead open at church and we had to call 911... the joy of having boys!
July - Favorite memories from July are celebrating the 4th of July with my family. We were able to see an awesome firework display that the boys just loved (much better than the laser light show we saw last year due to the drought). We also enjoyed having grandfather visit us for a week. And I enjoyed having some down time to do lots of reading!
August - One of the big memories from this month, although one we could have lived without, was when David got a lego stuck in his ear! What an evening that was! Another memory that was wonderful was when a friend of mine kept the boys overnight for us for my husband's birthday! We thoroughly enjoyed our time alone and took full advantage of it, even going on a little day trip to have a picnic, tour a cave, and out to dinner alone before going to pick up the kids the next evening! It was great!
September - Our 8 year wedding anniversary! This year's anniversary was much better than last years, but we will not go there :) I am blessed with a wonderful husband!
October - I am blessed with lots of good memories from October. From exciting nature walks with my boys, to visits to the pumpkin patch in the rain, from picnics in our backyard and at the park, to a visit from Aunt Susan (during which we got a date night and went to see Fireproof!). Good memories!
November - November started off as a very hard month, as we mourned the very unexpected death of my cousin. It has been and still is very hard, we miss him tremendously. We were able to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving day with my family. I think the highlights for the boys were playing with Andrew, riding a bulldozer and a 4-wheeler!
December - Favorite memories from this month are Paul catching a lizard, running my 1st 5K successfully, and of course, celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior with my family. I am truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for!
Thank you Lord for blessing me with such a wonderful year, even though some things have been very hard this year, You have always been faithful, and have been my Rock, my Fortress, and my Refuge.; and I know You will continue to be, for You are the Great I AM! I am so very thankful for Your Presence in my life!













1 comment:
Happy New Year, Tricia! I love all the fun you and your family shared this last year and pray you will be blessed with a 2009 that is just as great (if not better!)
Post a Comment