We married exactly a year after we met...
I met him when I went to Driver's Way looking to purchase a new car. Before going in I prayed, "Lord, I am available for Your plans and purpose only for going in here." I meant regarding purchasing a car, not finding a husband!! Anyway, James was not my salesperson, but I did talk to him while I was looking at cars on the lot. My salesperson, while filling out a form asked if I was single, I said yes, thinking it was a question on the form. He then said that there was someone there who was interested in me, ( I assumed it was James), and asked if he was a Christian. The answer, "Boy is he ever!" I figured if people at work knew he was a Christian he must be, and gave him permission to give him my phone number.
We went out the next weekend... James picked me up at my church after the service and we went to lunch and then for a stroll and had a long talk on a swing at our local Botanical Gardens. I was very bold during our conversation, and told him I was a good thing, and that I was praying that the Lord would help my husband to find me, according to Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." This did not scare him off!!
The next Sunday we went out again, after church. He picked me up and we drove to a waterfall in Gadsden and had lunch. Then we traveled to DeSoto Falls and hiked and viewed the falls there. It was a great day, one of our all-time favorites! In fact, it was so memorable that he took me back there to propose, and even made the same kind of sandwich he had made for our 2nd date!
Thanks Honey for the wonderful life, home, and family you have given me. I am blessed beyond measure by your love. Thank you for loving me, and for asking me to be your wife, I love you more than words can say!
All my love,
Tricia













5 comments:
Beautiful post, Tricia. God is so good to give us such wonderful husbands, isn't He?
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy your day.
Love you,
Krista
What a precious story! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! What a great story about how God introduced you two! Thanks for sharing.
How sweet- I look forward to celebrating my anniversary soon. What a sweet story- even though I already knew it! Hope you had a great day. It is obvious how much James loves you.
Post a Comment