I successfully ran my 1st 5K today!
It actually was lots of fun!
This is me and my good friend Jennifer who so graciously ran with me! She ran a marathon last weekend and ran with me today for moral support! The other girl is Jill, whom I used to go to church with before we moved. It was great to "run" into her today and get to visit a bit!
This is us as we crossed the finish line. Our time was 31:54! I thought that was great! And I did run the whole way!
Me, Laurie (a good friend from college), and Jennifer
Jill, Jill, and me! I went to church with Jill and Jill! It was so great to see them, and I hope they do not kill me for putting their pictures on here, but I am so proud for all of us!
This was one of my goals for this year and I am so glad to have accomplished it. I have found that I really enjoy running, it is a great stress relief, great exercise, and a good way to get out and clear my mind and spend some time in prayer without distractions. This 5k was for a good cause, all money raised went to support the Jesus Film Project. And they had tons of door prizes; I won lunch for 2 at one of our favorite local restaurants! So me and my honey can go out to eat for free soon!













4 comments:
Congratulations. It is such a good feeling and you had good weather.
Wishing you all the best this Christmas and a blessed New Year!
God bless you and your family! ♥
Woo-hoo! You go girl! That's fantastic. Congratulations on winning the lunch too! Free lunch dates with our honey are always wonderful!
Praying you and your family have a wonderful and joyous CHRISTmas!
Blessings,
Tracy
Wow! Congrats! I can't believe you actually ran the whole time! You are a very strong woman...in more ways than running. I'm so glad you listed your blog on your Christmas card. I have been a blogger for years. This will be an easy way for us to keep in touch with each other. I'll be reading (:...
Post a Comment