Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Little Boy Drama...


We had a little drama here in our household last night. I was in the kitchen getting some things on my "to do" list done, James was upstairs doing a little work on the computer, and I had just thought to myself... "The boys are playing so nicely together, this is just wonderful..."

When David starts crying pretty loudly. Well, that is not really anything new, they are always making each other cry over something pretty silly. James says he will take care of it, so I stay in the kitchen, until... that cry becomes one of sheer pain and hurt, so I take off upstairs. As I enter the room I hear James saying, "What is in your ear?"

It turns out that David had a lego tool stuck in his ear! Paul had put one in his ear and taken it out, then he told David to put one in his ear so he did!! David couldn't get it out so Paul tried to help him get it out and just pushed in in further, we could barely see it.

James goes to get his needlenose pliers while I take David to the bathroom. All this time David is screaming hysterically like he is in terrible pain. I hold David tightly and James is able to pull the lego out quickly. We were both shocked when we saw it... we had both thought that it was one of the smaller round ones, but it was a mini screwdriver that was approximately 1 inch long! We immediately became very concerned about damage to his ear drum and quickly got everyone in the van to head to the doctor.

We ended up at Children's Hospital ER downtown. By then the crying had stopped but he was still complaining of his ear hurting. Ends up there was just a little bit of blood on his ear drum, but it was not ruptured or torn, so we are all good with no major injuries.


post signature


5 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so thankful that he is okay. What an evening ya'll had!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Oh, my! What drama!!!! I am so glad there was no damage!!

My Ashley (now 9) had this horrible "habit?" of putting things UP her NOSE!!! She put rocks, marbles to games, anything round in her nose. (WHY?????)

Anyway, one time we were sitting in immediate care waiting to see a dr. to remove the ball from Mouse Trap. When my husband got there from work, he covered Ash's other nostril and told her to blow hard. The ball went flying across the waiting room! We chuckled, got up and left, glad to save the $25 copay!!!

BTW- your WFW is beautiful!!! One of my favorite scriptures.

Blessings!

Krista said...

Never a dull moment! I am trying not to grin because I know that was scary; but it is a typical "little boy" story. I am so thankful that everything turned out well!

Thanks for your comment about the gentle and quiet spirit (vs. behavior). I hadn't thought about like that before. Gives me something else to think about and study!

Love you,
Krista

Amydeanne said...

oh boy! I'm so glad he's okay!! Hugs. We've had drama all week here, so I feel for ya!

Unknown said...

I just now read this. I don't know how I missed it. How I love little boys. Glad he is ok.