
I am late posting this, as I wanted to have it set to go this morning, but this has been a crazy week and I am just now getting to it...
This is a recipe that I tried for the 1st time last year, as we hosted Christmas at our house and I cooked Christmas dinner. It is an Herb-Crusted Standing Rib Roast, (I got the recipe from Publix) and it was absolutely delicious! I thought about making it again this year but we will have a smaller crowd here so I think I am just going to grill some steaks, not exactly your traditional Christmas meal, but it should be good. My menu for this year's Christmas dinner is steaks, sweet potato casserole, green beans with almonds, a spinach salad (a new recipe that looks really yummy), rolls, and a chocolate cake with the "Schmid Family Recipe" Icing.
Herb Crusted Rib Roast
1 (3 to 4 rib) Standing Rib Roast (4 1/2 lb)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
3 sprigs fresh parsley
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs ( I did use Italian style bread crumbs)
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Season roast on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place roast on rack in 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, chop parsley coarsely. Combine in small bowl with bread crumbs and rosemary; set aside.
3. Remove roast from oven. Coast roast with mustard and then bread crumb mixture. Bake 1 more hour or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (for medium-rare) up to 170 degrees F (for well-done).
4. Let roast stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
This will make your house smell so yummy!! What is on your menu for Christmas day? Any great recipes you would like to share?













No comments:
Post a Comment