Thursday afternoon I opted to let my kids skip nap and go to church with me to scrapbook for a few hours. We had been there about 15 minutes, long enough for the boys to find their favorite "church" truck to play with, when I hear David start crying and Paul says (very calmly), "Mommy, David has a boo-boo."
I run in the other room and find David with his face and hands absolutely covered with blood!! I grab him, run towards the bathroom, and scream, "Denise, I need help!" We get to the bathroom and find the source of all the blood, he has a big gash on his forehead, right at his hairline, and the blood is flowing. We decide we need to call 911, so the church staff jumps into action mode! They were wonderful, all I had to do was hold David's hand and try to comfort him, for he is crying uncontrollably.
I ask someone to check on Paul, I figured he was really worried about his brother. He was fine, he wanted to go outside and wait for the fire truck! So that is what he and the others did...
The firemen arrived and decided we needed to go to the ER, I talked them into letting us go to our doctor, and they canceled the ambulance drive (calling 911 was enough excitement!) So Paul stays to play and "scrapbook" with the ladies and I take David to the doctor.
I call my dear, sweet husband on the way and tell him he needs to meet me at the doctor. He was having lunch with Mr. Steve before he left town, so Mr. Steve got to come to the doctor with us. I told him that David just loved him so much he just had to see him again!!
David's cut was very straight so the doctor was able to glue it back together. He told us not to get it wet for 5 days...
Well, Saturday at lunch I noticed that some of the glue was gone; David had pulled it off. We had a big talk about how he did not need to bother it or that his boo-boo might get worse and we could have to go back to the doctor. He said he understood...
Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, naptime (Father's Day)... I hear him in the bathroom and go to check on him, he is getting a washcloth, looks up at me and says, "the glue fell off." I am so sure that glue just fell off! His cut is now open and bleeding again, not bad, but still bleeding, and open! So we call the nurse on call, and she tells us how we can fix it ourselves. So my poor husband spent the majority of his Father's Day fixing David's boo-boo, it took quite a while and a couple of trips to Wal-Mart for supplies! But what a wonderful Daddy he is. I think we did a pretty good job and that it should heal up nicely, if David will just leave it alone!
Hopefully we will have an uneventful week, the boo-boo will heal and we can go to the pool for the 1st time of the summer! I am so ready to swim!!













6 comments:
WOW! I am so glad that he didn't have to have stitches.
Did you find out what caused the cut? I was told he fell off the top of the slide outside.
Hopefully this week will go better!
Who told you he fell off the top of the slide? That is gossip for sure! He was pushing a dumptruck inside and fell and hit the floor, and we think he hit his head on a chair...
I can't believe people are saying he fell of the top of the slide!!!
Oh Tricia! Yikes. Firetrucks and all! How frightening. I'm glad things weren't worse, even though that may sound trite.
Sounds like a very busy weekend. Thank God for good daddys! I hope your week will be a calm one with the boys and you can make it to the pool soon. Love ya!
It is scary when that happens. Mollie ran into the metal door facing at our old church when whe was 3 and we had the same reaction. OH NO! BLOOD! HELP! She was not a fortunate since she had to endure 11 stitches two times because the first time they decided that the stitches were too big and would scar too bad. I cannot imagine her scar being worse than it is. I hope that he will not bother it any more and it can heal very quickly. Kids bounce back so much more quickly than we do...Hopefully this weekend will be a little more peaceful....
My son is 14 and last we were at the doctor's office 2 different times for 2 sets of stitches...both lege, 11 stitches. My doctor wants to prescribe bubble wrap and put his number on speed dial. His stitches were when he was 4 and fell and hit his eye on a chair. All he can remember is that the doctors were poking him in the eye. I'm glad your son is okay. How are you washing his hair without it getting wet?
Post a Comment