Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Unexpected Desire Fulfilled!

Last month I wrote a post about Desires.I shared that God had spoken to me regarding which desires in my life were driving me. Were my spiritual desires or my earthly desires driving me? While I have many earthly desires, I honestly do not feel driven by them the majority of the time. I have tasted of the things this world has to offer, and I have tasted of life with God at the helm, and life with God is tremendously better and more fulfilling.

I also shared this post as a devotion with some of our ladies from church at one of our ladies nights out. I asked them what some of their desires were, earthly desires, and I gave the example that I would love to have a mini van; that it wasn't a necessity or really something I had to have, I just would really like to have one, to be a "mini-van mom!"

Well, I just wanted to share with you what a personal God we have, and how sometimes He will provide for that earthly desire we have just because He wants too! My husband works for Drivers Way and cars are frequently traded in there and he watches for a good deal to come through. Both of our cars are in need of replacing, mine has 241,000 miles, and his has around 150,000, so he has been watching closely. The Lord sent a great Camry across his path that we were most likely going to buy, which would have been great, but... I currently have a Camry (we both do), so it wouldn't be very exciting to get the same type car, with the same basic body style, and the exact same interior. However, I told him that it would be fine, I would be happy with it. And I really would have, it just wouldn't have been "exciting" and it wasn't my hearts deepest desire. I never complained and I never grumbled, I just thanked God for providing for us.

While the car was being worked on, God sends a mini-van across my husbands path that catches his eye. It is a one-owner van, in great shape with only 75,000 miles. And it is now mine!! Parked in my garage, got the tag for it today. I am so excited and my boys are loving riding in it! And we are most likely going to get the Camry also, to replace his car! Isn't God just amazing in how He provides! We both get "new" vehicles, and we still will not have a car payment!! Now that is a God thing and another answered prayer I can mark off in my prayer notebook!

,

post signature

6 comments:

DeeDee said...

YEA!!!
How precious... He cares about our needs and our wants.

I loved my "mini'van" during that stage of our life.

Rejoicing with you!

Krista said...

You go girl! God is good! You should come pick me up in that new mini van and let's go to lunch sometime! Can't wait to see your stylin new vehicles! You have been abundantly blessed!

Unknown said...

So excited for you. God is so good.

Mitzi said...

Me and Matt ran into James in Walmart and he told me you got a van. I was so excited and I could just picture your face. I knew that God would get the glory for it and that it was sort of an answered prayer (even though it was a desire). It is a great feeling to know that there are no car payments. Only recently (in the last 2 months) we have been able to experience that feeling.It makes you appreciate what you have knowing that you actually own it! AND that you have accomplished something.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What a blessing Tricia! Funny, it looks like the Lord may be doing the same king of vehicle miracle in our life right now too.

God is so awesome!

Darlene said...

WOW! This is AWESOME!!! I am behind in checking out bloggy world. I am sure you are enjoying the mini van at the beach!
I have a great idea...we need to plan a "Heart Friends" out to lunch and we can all ride together in your new van....what do ya think?

God is soooo good!!