I was reading through my journal from this past year earlier in the week and thought I would share the following entry from June of this year...
Thank You Father God that You are a perfect God - and that You do not expect me or need me to be perfect. In fact, You need me to give in to the weakness/or be weak (so to say) so that Your strength can be demonstrated in my weaknesses - and so that You get glorified.
Thank You, that You are continually day by day sanctifying me - to one day make me perfect - when I get to be with You in glory!!
Please deliver me from the mentality that I need to be the perfect wife, perfect mom, perfect housekeeper, perfect cook - and help me to be who You have called me to be, totally dependent on You to make me into someone who brings You glory.
This then followed my journal entry:
God gave me twins:
- To make me and keep me humble
- So that through my weakness He could be strong
- To drive me to Him more
- To bless me
- To help me learn to give thanks in ALL things
- To help me learn to be joyful in the midst of stress
- So that I would never think "I've got it all handled - I am supermom!"
How I praise Him that He has and is delivering me from my thinking that I need to be perfect, for I can do nothing good apart from Him. Anything good I do as a wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter, or any other role I have, is because of Christ working in and through me. He is my all and all, and I desperately need Him daily!
How about you? Do you journal? If so, look back over them from time to time and see what God has done in your life... it will increase your faith













1 comment:
Amen! When we are weak, He is strong....our sufficiency only comes from Him. What a beautiful reminder that it isn't perfection we should seek after, but glorifying God our Father in all that He has called us to!
Post a Comment