Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Word-Filled Wednesday


I took this picture of "father and son" at the pumpkin patch last week. I thought it was just precious and was so glad that I had my camera ready to capture it! Our prayer for our boys is that they would grow up to be Godly men who are passionate about Jesus and who desire to serve Him with all that they are and all that they have. We pray that they would be filled with the wisdom of God rather than the wisdom of this world, and that they would seek Him earnestly rather than seeking after the things of this world. What joy and rejoicing we will have in our hearts when they are old enough to make and live that choice for themselves... until them we are praying and doing all we can do to point them to Him!

For encouraging and uplifting WFW posts visit 160acrewoods.

post signature

12 comments:

Denise said...

Such a sweet picture and verse.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Tricia,
What a sweet picture of your husband and son! My prayers for my children are almost the same! :) What a daily honor and privilege God has given us mothers, to train our children for all that God has planned for them...that our children would hear God's voice and respond obediently, living their lives for Him.

You a blessed and wise mom! Thanks for sharing your wisdom with all of us today.

~Amy~ said...

that is such a sweet post. and love the picture too.

Melanie said...

I love this picture, Tricia! So sweet. This verse... one that we should all be praying for our children.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great picture! Yes, that is the cry of my heart for myson. I want him to grow in the fear and admonition of the Lord and to make our faith his own. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

Amen! What a beautiful photo for that powerful scripture. Couldn't agree more as to what you're praying for your boys. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Blessings,
Tracy

Rebecca said...

The perfect verse for a precious photo. I love catching those moments with my camera!

Mokihana said...

Fabulous photo! I really am glad you had your camera ready that day.

Laurie Ann said...

What a precious picture of your husband and son. My prayers are with you as you long for your children to make Christ-centered decisions as they grow older and not be conformed to this world...Happy WFW!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Oh, oh, how I love this.

Father and son pictures always tug on me.

Precious!

Mariposa said...

A precious moment captured in a photo...and the verse is a perfect match!

Blessings to you and your family!

Special K said...

love the picture...and the scripture suits it perfectly!