Monday, October 20, 2008

Prayer needed for dear friends...

Update: Richard is now with His Lord and Savior, please pray for his family...




RICHARD R. GUTIERREZ, a calm leader and teacher of God's hope went peacefully to heaven while surrounded by his family in his Cypress home, November 10, 2008. A man of integrity, Richard was known for his love of God, compassion, intelligent humor, and management skills. Richard led with quiet strength; he was a constant source of wisdom for his family and friends. Born October 23, 1942 in Venezuela he was the youngest of three children. An honored US Army veteran, retired ExxonMobil executive, adoring husband of 39 years, dedicated father, loving grandpa, church leader and fervent prayer minister, Richard left nothing unfinished. Pursuing his passion to bring God's healing and restoration to people, Richard and his wife jointly founded the Healing Rooms of West Houston in 2004. He completed his life's checklist with a Master's touch. Richard was preceded in death by his parents, grandchild Jordan and is survived by his wife, Gloria, son David and wife Nichole and son John Paul and wife Sylvina, and 3 grandchildren. He is further survived by his sisters Sylvia Levy and Elvira Pifko, their husbands, and nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. Richard will be dearly missed. His life verse was Psalm 27:1, The Lord is my light and my salvation; we thank God for his salvation through Christ Jesus. An Evening of Remembrance will be held Thursday, November 13 at 7 PM at Encourager Church, 10950 Katy Freeway. Funeral services will be held Friday at 1:30 PM at Encourager church followed by internment at Memorial Oaks Funeral Home. Donations may be sent to Encourager Church or Healing Rooms of West Houston, 10950 Katy Freeway. Houston, Texas 77043.


We have some very dear friends who are in much need of prayer right now, Richard and Gloria. Richard is battling cancer and we have just found out that he has come home from the hospital with Hospice care. His sweet and precious wife requested that I add him to my sidebar under "People who need prayer." So I am doing that and asking that all of you would lift Richard and his family up to the throne of God. They are a very Godly family and they desperately love God and serve Him faithfully.

Please pray for a miracle for Richard and for extra years like Hezekiah of old.

I will have a link to this post on my sidebar and I will update as I receive updates and any specific prayer requests. Thank you so much to all of you who will take time to pray for this precious family.

Gloria, I tried to send you an email but it came back to me saying that your server refused my address. I will try again later, you may have to go in under settings or something and set it so that it will accept our email address. Please know that we are praying with and for you. I have had the both of you on my heart heavy the past couple of weeks and have already been praying for you, but now I know why... I mentioned it to James and he said we needed to call you but we just have not, I am sorry that we have not. If you have any specific prayer requests you would like me to get out please send them to me and I will add them. We love all of you dearly and our hearts and prayers are with you!

post signature

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Tricia, I will be including Richard and Gloria in my prayers. I will be adding you, Tricia and your dear husband also as you walk this journey with your dear friends.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Tricia-I'll be praying for them.

DeeDee said...

I will be praying ....

Darlene said...

I have a surprise for you at my blog...stop by when you have time.
Darlene

Krista said...

I will be praying for your friends. That breaks my heart.

See you tomorrow night!
Krista