Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
I just have to say this has been a glorious day! It feels great outside, there is a nice breeze, and I have many of our windows open so we can enjoy the refreshing breeze!
The boys have had a wonderful time playing out back together for the majority of the day (after a bit of discipline for continually fighting with each other). Why is it that brothers tend to fight so, even when they love each other and have fun together? They had not been outside long when they started fighting and one hit the other with the shovel... I made them come inside and sit on their beds for a while, in separate rooms. I had started scrubbing our kitchen floor on my hands and knees, and I had a brilliant idea for a different form of discipline today! I called them both in the kitchen and made them clean all the baseboards in the kitchen, in the hallway, and in the laundry room. They did not think it was too bad, I think they enjoyed it a little bit :) After that we had a talk and they went back out to play and have not fought since. After nap David actually said he did not want to go out back without Paul because he did not want to be lonely... that just melts my heart :)
So since they played so well I was able to scrub my kitchen floor, laundry room floor, and the two bathroom floors downstairs!! I was so excited to get that done, I usually mop every week, but sometimes you just need some good "on your hands and knees scrubbing action" to get it good and clean like you like it! We ate lunch on the porch so the floor would stay clean for a few hours! And to make my day even better, when I called the boys in for nap, they looked around the house and said, "You did a great job cleaning Mommy!" What a blessing that they actually notice and are thankful!!
I also washed 5 loads of laundry, and was able to spend some more time with my Lord during their nap time this afternoon... it has been a good day, I feel productive, and I have heard from my Lord today (check in tomorrow for more on that).
I think I will go unload the dishwasher and start dinner... I can't wait for my husband to walk through the front door so I can give him a big hug and kiss!
What has your day been like today? I pray it has been a good one!
On a totally different note, I have some friends who are not having a good day today... they could really use your prayers. Their daughter is in ICU at our local Children's Hospital and they do not know what is really wrong with her yet. She is a precious young lady and is in my class I am leading on Wednesday nights... please lift her and her family up before our Lord.













5 comments:
Tricia,
First, I just love this picture of your boys kissing you on the cheek.
I love productive days!
Will pray for this girl.
Have a great week!
Blessings!
Cheryl
Praying for your friend Tricia!
Tricia-Wow! You sure had a productive day.....love days like that. Although, my kitchen floor hasn't been the recipient of good hands and knees scrubbing in awhile.
I'm with you on putting the kids to work with real household cleaning...and love how boys can be physical with each other, but then turn right around and make up...no grudges being held.
Looking forward to stopping by tomorrow to hear what God was speaking to your heart.
Today I cooked til I dropped, then enjoyed a wonderful thanksgiving meal with extended family, took a liesurely stroll down by the river, ate some yummy leftovers for supper, kicked back and watched a star wars movie with the kids. It was a deliciously wonderful thanksgiving day. I will pray for your dear friends and their precious girl.
Wow.. I just love productive days like that! How great that the boys played so well. One of my favorite things to watch is my kids when they are playing together and having fun.
Praying for your friends....
Post a Comment