Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursdays


"Those who trust in the LORD are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds His people from this time forth and forever."
Psalm 125:1-2

Today I am giving thanks for:
  • The faithfulness of God! How thankful I am that His faithfulness never fails, even when we are unfaithful He remains faithful!
  • A lazy day! We have no plans today, it is much cooler and windy outside, and we are still in pjs and just hanging out and being lazy... wonderful!
  • An upcoming break from my normal routine. Tomorrow I will spend all day at a continuing education conference (I am keeping up my license in speech-language pathology even though I am not using it right now, I worked to hard to get that license to not keep it :) and then Friday night and Saturday I will be scrapbooking! I can't wait, I hope to get up to date in my scrapbooks!!
  • My husband and his prayers for me...
  • God showing us ways to cut and save money...
  • God's provisions... earlier in the week we unintentionally "lost" $30.00 and I asked God to give it back to us somehow... He did 3 days later in the form of some dear friends offering to take us out to lunch after church on Sunday!! Wasn't that just sweet of Him!!
  • Hugs, kisses, and butterfly kisses from my boys! They have this silly bedtime routine where they have to give me so many of each, and whenever I leave them somewhere (Sunday School, 4K) they have to give me hugs and butterfly kisses! I hope they always want to give me hugs and kisses!
  • Haircuts! We all got very much needed haircuts this week! Our favorite "hair cutter" had been out of town and we had to wait until she got back.
  • Yummy smelling candles!
  • Our home and the shelter and warmth it provides and the memories we have made here...

What are you thankful for today? I encourage you to take time to stop and consider what wonderful things our Lord has done for you and offer Him thanks! To see what many others are thankful for this day visit Grace Alone.




post signature

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I love breaks in normal routines. We have one coming up this weekend, too, and I am really looking forward to it. Praying you enjoy your time, Tricia!

Bonnie said...

Ohhh... how I wish I were you today! A day at home, in pj's... awesome! I am so happy for you with that. :) Blessings!

Denise said...

Praying for you to be sweetly blessed.

Krista said...

I am thankful for God's provision, yet again; Phillip gets to work tomorrow. Yea! I am also thankful for smelly candles and children who fold the laundry while I buy groceries. What a sweet surprise!

Krista

Anonymous said...

Today is my lazy day and I am enjoying every minute of it!!!

DeeDee said...

Always love reading your list, Tricia.
and a day in PJ's sounds great.

Hope you have fun scrap-booking too. Sure wish I could make myself get my stuff out and work on mine. Maybe soon :)
Love and Blessings,
DeeDee

Anonymous said...

I love you tricia. I need to read your blog more often, it is so inspirational. My oldest just turned 8 today, I can't believe it. I have 3 kids now, not babies! I pray that I am raising them to take care of themselves someday. It is the hardest job I have ever had. Thank you for your inspiration. We actually spent today in our pjs. It was wonderful!! Not since I had a 4 1/2, 2 1/2, and newborn had we done that. It was like Christmas going through birthday presents.

I turn my MUTE off with your blog, love the music.

Love your little sister,
Mandy