Monday, June 2, 2008

Family Vacation




We have been to the beach for a week, and I thought I would share my top 10 highlights from our family vacation. Here they are:

1. A week with my husband and children without any plans except family fun!

2. Eating out for lunch everyday!! My sweet husband does not like for me to have to cook on vacation, so we went out for lunch everyday (lunch is cheaper, and it gets us off the beach at the hottest time of the day). Our favorite restaurant is DeSoto's (we went 4 times) and our favorite dessert was the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip pie from Oyster House!

3. Lazy afternoons hanging out on the beach watching the kids play. Everyday after the boys napped (and us too!!) we would head back out to the beach. It was the perfect time of day, not too hot, and most people were going in to get ready to go out to dinner.

4. Not having to do one bit of housework!! And not having to bathe the boys!! They did get showers, which they took with daddy!!

5. Traveling in our new mini-van!

6. Seeing our boys have loads of fun in the ocean, running from the waves, jumping over and into them!

7. Going to sleep and waking up to the sound of waves crashing!

8. Watching the boys play with their daddy in the pool!

9. The beauty of God's creation! How can anyone be at the ocean and not think of God? I always think of the song by Sheila Walsh "Love vast as the ocean".

10. Time alone by myself on the beach to read! I read 2 books by Karen Kingsbury, my daily Bible readings so I am not behind, and Desperate Housewives Passionate for God!





post signature

5 comments:

Darlene said...

So glad you had a wonderful time. It is so nice to get a way from it all and relax and enjoy family time. I am sure you made lots of pictures and memories! I missed you and I checked your blog just to see if you updated any.

I will probably see you tomorrow at VBS!

DeeDee said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time!

Love the pics!

Hope David is better soon.

Love and Blessings

Mitzi said...

I missed you....I was wondering where you were. I am so glad that you had a great time. Family vacation time is always so special...

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time. Reading on the beach is so relaxing and not cooking is even better.

Unknown said...

I missed our blogs. I am glad you had a nice vacation. I can't wait for our vacation. And not cooking sounds as good as the beach.