Saturday, June 21, 2008

Quotes from my readings...

The following quotes are from some books I am currently reading. They spoke to me and ministered comfort and encouragement in some situations going on in my life right now and I just wanted to share them, in case they minister to anyone else...

From "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan:

"But the fact is that nothing should concern us more than our relationship with God; its about eternity, and nothing compares to that. God is not someone who can be tacked on to our lives." (page 94)

"When we put it plainly like this - as a direct choice between God and our stuff - must of us hope we would choose God. But we need to realize that how we spend our time, what our money goes toward, and where we will invest our energy is equivalent to choosing God or rejecting Him. How could we think for even a second that something on this puny little earth compares to the Creator and Sustainer and Savior of it all?" (page 95)

And from the Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer:

"to seek God does not narrow one's life, but brings it, rather, to the level of highest possible fulfillment." (page 6)

Does these speak to anyone else? Have a great weekend!

post signature


3 comments:

Krista said...

Wow! The first quote speaks the most to me, although they are both very good. I believe I need to make pause of my reading blogs to go have my quiet time first (which I normally do.) My schedule is a little off the balance today since it's Saturday, but I'd like to think I would choose God over laundry and vacuuming of all things, yet these are the things I've been doing today. -Be back in a little while.

QT-ing it,
Krista

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing these great quotes from two extraordinary men. My son introduced me to Francis Chan after he attended the Passion conference in Atlanta last year...WOW...love his insights. And Tozer...his writings are so profound (and poetic). Thank you again for sharing.

P.S. Thank you SO much for praying for Millie, my mother-in-law. Can't tell you how much I appreciate that. = )

QUILTS is for gift:) said...

Love your writings,its very inspiring,yes I will try do spend more time with our Lord1