Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Be Like A Tree

Psalm 92:12-15

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
planted in the house of the Lord,
they will flourish in the courts of our God.
They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,
proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;
he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”


As we traveled to the beach the boys wanted to listen to some of their praise music. The following song is one of my favorites from their collection of music, it makes me want to sing and dance, and I thought I would share the lyrics with you. When they were smaller we would listen to it and sing and dance in their room, but as we traveled and I listened to and pondered on the words, it spoke to my heart. The message is really simple but has deep spiritual meaning if you ponder on it.

Be Like A Tree

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the Father
To keep me strong

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the name of the Lord

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the Father
To help me grow

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the name of the Lord

The deeper the roots go
The better the fruits grow
The blessings bloom out
For all to see
The deeper the roots go
The more my life shows
That Jesus is the Lord of me
Lord of me

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the Father
To keep me strong

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the name of the Lord

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the Father
To help me grow

I've gotta be like a tree
Planted by the water
Trusting in the name of the Lord

John 15:4-9

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."



So I have come back from the beach with a renewed desire to abide more and more in My Lord, in His Word, and in His presence. I desire for my roots to grow deep, the fruits to grow out, and for Jesus to be the Lord of all of me. How about you? What are you abiding in?

post signature

3 comments:

Krista said...

I love those verses. I had memorized them at one point and I know they are still there; somewhere. That was a wonderful devotional. I want my fruits to grow too! Thank you for your thoughts. Love you, Krista

Melanie said...

Welcome Back, Tricia. It looks like you all had a great vacation trip to the beach. Your pictures are great.

I love the words to this song from the boy's CD. I find alot of times that the lyrics that I find the most meaning in are from my children's praise and worship CDs. Maybe because they are so simply stated and clear? I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I love them all!

Have a great week!

DeeDee said...

Amen and Amen!