Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Word-Filled Wednesday



I read a couple of books at the beach that were Christian fiction, by my favorite author Karen Kingsbury, and the theme throughout both was this verse. I have always heard people quote the first part of this verse, but never realized what came after it.

When we stop, and are still before God, bringing before Him all our concerns, trials, temptations, worries, anxieties, and on and on, and allow Him to work in our lives and in our different situations, rather than trying to do everything ourselves He will be exalted in our lives and in our world and nation.

So take time today to stop and be still before God, allowing Him to do what only He can do in your life and the lives of your loved ones.

For more WFW posts visit 160acrewoods.

post signature

14 comments:

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tricia,

Great scripture. I'm up late working. Nice and Quiet. Nice time to be still

Love the picture also.

Have a great WFW.

Cheryl

Tracy said...

Great reminder...and one the Lord seems to be putting before me everywhere I look. Thank you. That photo looks so serene and peaceful.

I've been wanting to try one of Karen Kingsbury's books...this is an extra nudge to do just that!

Blessings,
Tracy

Krista said...

Great verses and devotional, Tricia. I am doing better this week about "being still" and allowing the holy spirit to lead me and teach me. Love the beach picture! Krista

lori said...

STILL...what a beautiful word....what a beautiful image too!

As the summer is upon us, what a wonderful reminder to refuel with HIM....

Great work!
lori

Joyfull said...

I love this Scripture. It is sometimes a challenge to "be still" before God, but what a blessing it is when we come before Him and set everything else aside. The picture is absolutely gorgeous!

Denise said...

Such a peaceful verse, and picture.

Anonymous said...

that is funny we picked such similar verse! beautifully done!
I like reading Karen Kingsbury too!

Anonymous said...

What a great scripture and the picture is beautiful. I saw your Wordless Wednesday..just wondering is that Destin? It looked like a picutre I did of my husband, I framed it and put....it was then I carried you and gave it to his mom for Christmas one year. It brought tears to her eyes! So I just loved that picture too. Have a great WFW!

Nancie said...

Such a lovely photo and very encouraging verses. I needed to remember today to be still and rest in our Lord. Thanks for sharing. Blessed WFW!

Nise' said...

My favorite thing to do...sit at the beach with a book! Your blog design is beautiful.

Melanie said...

Tricia, I think the Lord is really trying to speak to me on this verse. This is probably the 10th blog I've read over the last two weeks that was sharing this exact same verse. I'm definitely spending much time in thought and prayer about what the Lord is showing me.

Darlene said...

Love the picture ....and verse.
I love the beach and this makes me wish I was there.

Alexis said...

LOVE this post... thank you for sharing today!

Julie said...

You have a beautiful blog.

It's cool to come over here and see this same verse that God let me to write on on my blog. It's become one of my favorites....

Julie