Friday, June 6, 2008

I Need Another Vacation!!

I feel like I need another vacation!! Here is why...

Saturday night when we got back from vacation David kept us up all night with his ear hurting, I got 3 hours of sleep (I now remember what it is like to have a newborn).

Sunday I had to call and find nursery replacements, we were scheduled to keep the nursery. Then we took David to the after hours clinic, he had a middle ear infection and swimmers ear. Poor thing, he pain appeared to be excruciating!

We come home from the doctor, eat lunch, and everyone gets a nap, except me. I had to go decorate for VBS... that night I got about 4 hours of sleep...

I did not work VBS Monday, David was too sick, but I did take Paul...

I have worked VBS every other day this week, I taught the preschoolers and kindergarteners Bible story and missions, we had 20 in each class just about every day! I am exhausted and ready for another vacation, ready to be still, as God has been speaking to me to be through several avenues lately, even in my Bible reading this morning...

1 Kings 19:11-12
"And He said, 'Go out and stand on the mount of the Lord, and behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire [a sound of gentle stillness and] a still, small voice."

I am looking forward to the rest of our summer. We have no more major plans, and I am looking forward to lots of times to be still with my Lord, to dig into His Word, and spend ample time in His Presence. For in His Presence there is fullness of joy, there is peace, and there is rest for our tired and weary selves.


post signature


3 comments:

Darlene said...

Yeah! Andrea is also excited that today was the last day.
We should plan a time for you and the boys to come to my house to swim. I am ready for some pool time. My house is all clean and ready to sell. Might as well wait for a buyer at the pool.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Tell James again Thanks for being so nice and patient when we stay too late and make his supper cold. We have got to get us a timer!

Unknown said...

Amen! apart from weeding and putting up the garden, I have *no* plans except relaxin' plans! Yay for summer!!! Hope you all get the rest you need.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I'm glad I found your blog, it is lovely. I hope you get the rest you need.