Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thankful Thursdays


“What shall I render to the LORD for all His benefits toward me? I shall lift up the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD, I shall pay my vows to the LORD, Oh may it be in the presence of all His people,… To Thee I shall offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call upon the name of the Lord.” Psalm 116:12-14/17


“Thou art my God, and I give thanks to Thee; Thou art my God, I extol thee. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.” Psalm 118:28-29


Today I am giving thanks for:

  • God’s amazing grace… my eyes have been opened this week to just how much His grace has worked wonders in my life and heart… His grace is truly extravagant!!
  • God’s love for me!
  • The privilege of being able to cook breakfast for my husband!
  • Praise music…
  • Children who have entertained themselves at the kitchen table with their colors, markers, and drawing pads…
  • Hearing my children sing along with the praise music, “Holy is the Lamb,” it is just precious in their little child voices and brings tears of joy to my eyes…
  • The vision God has given the precious leader of our ladies ministry…
  • A girl’s getaway in less than 24 hours!! We are going to the Deeper Still conference to hear Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer!!
  • Good friends, what a blessing they are!
  • The peace of God, truly priceless!


Do not forget to thank God for “all of His benefits toward” you… He is so worthy of our praise, honor, and our thanks! For more TT posts visit Sting My Heart.


post signature

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Great list of thanks!
I too am excited to be going to the Deeper Still conference!

Have a fabulous day!

Unknown said...

Wow Tricia! I am so excited about your lil' getaway! Those are such great times of refreshing and renewal. Have a GREAT time.

Krista said...

Great list of things to be thankful for. I am thankful for much of the same things, but my first thought this morning was, "Thank you Jesus for giving my body extra sleep." I'm exhausted this week!

I will look for more opportunities to thank Him and praise Him as the day goes on!

Full of praise,
Krista

Susan said...

Hey Tricia,

Can I hop in your suitcase and go with you???

You are about to be soooooooooo blessed, and I can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT IT!!

I went last year and I'm still digesting all that I heard.

Blessings to you my friend♥

Melanie said...

Tricia, One of my favorite things is to hear my kids singing praise songs. Such a very special blessing!

Wow -- I'm excited for you being able to go to the Deeper Still conference. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Leaon Mary said...

Yeah, I am trying to figure out how to stow-a-way? I want a girlfriends getaway too! ;)
Have a beautiful time... hope the Lord shows you awesome things and you are refreshed and renewed.
My heart sings just thinking of your little ones singing praise music.
Hallelujah!
Lea
<*)))><

Denise said...

Wonderful list of blessings, enjoy the conference sweetie.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh my goodness! I want to go to that conference too! That sounds awesome! Have a blessed time!

sharon brobst said...

What a praiseworthy list! And going to Deeper Still? I'd be jealous, but then I'd have to confess! Oh...I may have to confess anyway!! :-)
I hope you have a wonderful time hearing from these three amazing women!

eph2810 said...

Oh, Tricia - I am so thrilled that you are able to get away with some women to the "Deeper Still" conference. I wish they would have one this year in my neck of the woods...Enjoy the time away and get refreshed.

I think you have used a fantastic word to describe His grace "Extravagant"...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart before leaving town.

Be blessed today and always...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely list! Have a wonderful time at the conference and God bless!

Sharon

Victoria (Vii) said...

Wonderful list of praises! Now I am going to go write a list of my own!