Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursdays




"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
2 Thessalonians 5:18




Today I am thankful for the following:
  • A great visit from a good friend, Mr. Steve, whom we haven't seen in 4 years, but it felt like we had just seen him yesterday! (He was the best man in our wedding!)
  • A fun day at the zoo with family and Mr. Steve...
  • Seeing David soooo excited to ride Mr. Steve's motorcycle and then help him clean the mud off of it from their ride.
  • Seeing our boys really take to Mr. Steve and tell him they love him!
  • Starting back running this week and still being able to walk up and down our steps!
  • Much needed rain that we have gotten
  • God's Word, good books, and great music...
  • The guidance and direction of God's Holy Spirit...
  • Homemade peach cobbler!
  • Air conditioning!
  • Hearing the precious prayers of my boys when they say their own prayer at the dinner table...


So, what are you thankful for today? For more TT posts visit Iris over at Sting My Heart.


post signature



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looved your post! Very interesting to read. God bless you, your husband, your boys and Mr. Steve! lol

Darlene said...

Peach Cobbler sounds great! I just bought some Chilton County peaches and they are delicious! I have a friend who has a peach farm if you want to take your boys to pick. Let me know I will go with you.

Hope David's ear heals fast.

Kelley said...

I love the header on your blog! How beautiful!! It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for today, and the picture of your boys on the beach (a couple of posts back) is precious!!

eph2810 said...

Oh - how neat that your kids had a great time with your visitors. Cool that your son was able to ride on the motorcycle.
Hm - peach cobbler - yummy!

I don't know what I would do without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I am glad that Jesus didn't leave us as orphans.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...

Unknown said...

Oh Tricia! So glad things weren't worse with your ds, it's always so frightening in situations like that!!! May he heal up healthy and happy quickly!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love your thankfuls. So simply put and yet those things make for a TT wonderful list. A good reminder to enjoy all good things and people.

Thanks for your comment on my blog this week. I'm thankful my story made you rethink your summer to do list. I hope you live this summer well, with passion and purpose. For His glory.

God bless,
Tiffany

Melanie said...

Hi, Tricia. I just wanted to take a minute and check to make sure your son was still doing okay after the run to the ER yesterday. I am sure it was a scary time and am so very thankful he was fine afterwards. Praying he heals with no problems.

I hope you and family have a great, relaxing, "no more visits to the ER" weekend! :)

Jenifer said...

Hey girl, I hope david's head gets better soon!!! You always have something going on with those boys don't you :) I guess that is a life with boys? I hope yall have a great weekend!!!