I had just turned it on and the pastor started talking about the "Lake of Fire" and the fact that people were going to get thrown into it. One of my boys asked, "what is the lake of fire and why are they throwing people into it?" So I explained that if we do not know Jesus and do not ask Him to forgive us of our sins we will get thrown into the lake of fire too. I explained that that is why it is very important for us to know Jesus and for us to tell others about Jesus, so that instead of being thrown into the lake of fire we can go to Heaven to live with Jesus. We talked about this all the way to the theater, about 15 minutes.
Well, this afternoon the boys were out back playing, and they were pretending they were digging and making a lake of fire to throw people in! What a thing to play! But it made an impression on their little hearts and minds.
They also have really enjoyed watching a David and Goliath video we recently purchased. Yesterday they were playing, Paul was the father, David was the son, (David) and they were slaying giants. How cute is that!
It all just made me think, what am I putting in my heart and mind and what is coming out? Is it the things of the Lord, the things that are above, or am I putting worldly stuff in my mind and heart?
What about you? Take an inventory of what you are allowing to enter your mind, your eyes, and your ears... are they things that will draw you to God or draw you away from Him?













5 comments:
Tricia,
Thank you for the comment you left today...
I will pray...It's tough, I've faced it myself within the family...forge on girl....it's worth it!
The story about your boys was wonderful...I LOVE that...you know they hear it all...it does the heart good to "see" what they hear doesn't it!!:)
Peace!
lori
Tricia, Your words are so very true! My kids teach me so much about what we take in and how it comes into play in our daily lives. It just amazes me as I watch them each day and am shown, thru them, such important life lessons.
In catching up on your post thru the weekend, it sounds like there was a bit more activity related to your son's cut. I'm so glad it is all well now and that your boy's have such a terrific daddy (and you a terrific hubby!).
Have a great week!
This is a great story and example. We think our children are not paying attention but, they really are. Usually, it is when you least expect it.
Have a great evening!
Digging a lake of fire... Wow, that is a good reminder about how impressionable our children are. Drew surprises me sometimes too with the things he picks up on, both spiritual and earthly things. What a great reminder for us to monitor our ears, mind, etc. Have a great day!
Oh Tricia, that is funny and a good reminder. I love kids. And a good reminder to be constantly conscious that they are so impressionable. We have a huge responsibility, luckily God can and will (I trust) fill the gaps with His grace.
Post a Comment