Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Word-Filled Wednesday



This is my current memory verse... and as I have pondered over it and committed it to memory I have realized what a wonderful verse it is. It is packed full of good stuff! Stuff that will strengthen your faith, put you in awe of our God, and drive you to your knees.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness, through our knowledge of Him, who called us according to His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may partake of the divine nature and may escape the corruption in this world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:3-4


Definitely some good stuff in that verse... ponder on it for a while! For more WFW posts visit 160acrewoods.

post signature

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, Tricia... how true! That verse is just packed full of goodness. He's given us everything we need for life and godliness, He's given us great and precious promises, thru Him we can partake in divine nature, we can escape corruption... on and on! I think this must be the perfect verse for me to start the day with today.

Happy WFW!

God Chaser said...

Great stuff. Everything we need is in Him. Blessings to you for giving us encouragement today. We can stand firm whatever comes, for God has it all in His power. Be blessed and have a great wfW. The music is great also-

Denise said...

Very nice WFW.

Unknown said...

Tricia you are right this verse is filled with GOOD stuff!

Thanks for sharing it today!

IN His amazing grace,
Jill

Deanna said...

"knowledge of Him"... That is my goal right now. More and more and more of Him!

Pam D said...

Everything I need... if I could only get that through my head! Sometimes I search on clearance aisles, or look for the approval of friends. I'm loving the Mandisa song, "Voice of a Savior"... it speaks truth:

You and I are not that different
We got a void and we're just trying to fill it up
With something that'll give just a little peace
All we want is a hand to reach to
Open arms that say I love you
We'd give anything to hear
The voice of a Savior
The voice of a Savior


That was a beautiful picture with a life-giving Scripture. Thanks so much! Have a wonderful WFW!

Susan said...

Oh what a GREAT verse!! It's loaded.

Yes, we truly have ALL we need and MORE to live the life He has called us to

Blessings to you this WFW♥

Laurie Ann said...

What a powerpacked Scripture! I love it!Beautifully displayed with the clouds, too. Happy WFW!

Lisa said...

Yes! An awesome verse to memorize. Thanks for sharing!

Joyfull said...

Amen and Amen, truly this verse carries great truth and power from God's Word. Great stuff to put into our hearts!

HennHouse said...

Isn't that awesome... "EVERYTHING WE NEED."

I wish my sky looked like that today!

Happy WFW!

lori said...

I took my "break" to read and re read this....you know it's all right there...we have ALL we need for life and godliness because of HIM...WHY do we EVER doubt that and try and take matters into our own hands..

WHew....this was a great way to spend a few extra moments!

peace!
lori

aspiritofsimplicity said...

He has given us all we need or want.

Amydeanne said...

fantastic verse choice for today. His divine power! Yes only his! amen!

Tracy said...

Awesome and powerful scripture today, Tricia! He is able!