Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Word-Filled Wednesday


"And He said to them, 'It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer.' "
Matthew 21:13

I had a revelation this week regarding this verse while reading a bit from "If You Will Ask, Reflections on the Power of Prayer." I have always thought of this verse as referring to God's house as being a physical structure or building, and that it should be a place where prayers are offered up so frequently that it would be called a house of prayer, because anyone could go in at anytime and receive prayer or find someone in prayer.

However, after reading the following it hit me that we as the Temple of God are meant to be houses of prayer... we are referred to in the scriptures as the Temple of God, therefore our physical bodies should be houses of prayer. Can you imagine the power that would flow from our churches if we all took that to heart? If every person who attends our worship services was literally a house of prayer the power and presence of God would be undeniable and the works that He would do would just astound us...

Here is what I read:

When we recognize that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit we will be careful to keep it undefiled for Him. "My house shall be called a house of prayer," Jesus (Matthew 21:13)


I had never put these 2 scriptures together side by side, but now that I have seen them together it sheds a whole new LIGHT on a deeper meaning that I feel they convey. What do you think? Is this a new revelation to you or has our precious Holy Spirit already revealed this to you?

For more WFW posts visit 160acrewoods.

post signature

10 comments:

Kristi said...

Tricia, that is such a precious photo and I love your words of wisdom. Blessings to you and your family.

Susan said...

Oh Tricia,

This was precious!! Yes, we are the house of God.

Happy New Year!!

Blessings♥

Alexis said...

Great post! I really appreciate your insights. Have a fantastic day!

Laurie Ann said...

Precious picture and excellent post! Amen to that! I have never thought about it that way, but how true it is. Thank you so much for sharing that! Happy WFW!

Mimi said...

For me this is a new revelation, thanks for sharing!

I have a great Inspiration giveaway going on my Devotional Daze blog, so stop by & check it out!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Beautiful insight and what a darling picture!

Rebecca said...

This is a precious picture of the boys! And insightful thoughts about prayer.

DeeDee said...

Oh what a precious picture - and verse.
You are a blessings to me!
DeeDee

Unknown said...

Aw! What a cute picture! Great Scripture!!

HennHouse said...

Isn't it great that the house isn't a physical place, that your boys can carry prayer everywhere they go!

Happy WFW (a day late)!