Today I am giving thanks for my children! I was blessed to become their mommy 5 years ago today...
- I am thankful that God's hand was upon them and me 5 years ago, when I went into preterm labor, was hospitalized for 2 weeks, and they were born 8 weeks early. They had no major problems, were only in the hospital for 3 weeks (they came home Valentine's Day!), and they are healthy, happy boys today!
- I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with them. I am thankful for my husband who wanted me to stay home to be a wife and mommy full-time. He never complains about the things we have to go without and the things we do not get to do because we are not a dual income family.
- I am thankful that I have been here for every 1st...
- I am thankful for all the hugs, kisses, laughter, and sweet times together we get to experience everyday.
- I am thankful for lazy days at the park, fun days at the zoo, learning new things at the library, and all the other fun things we get to do while others are at work!
- I am thankful for the art gallery on my refrigerator!
- I am thankful for the joy they have brought into my life...
- I am thankful for the opportunity to teach them, shepherd them, nurture them, and love them. It is truly a blessing to watch them learn new things - to write their letters and numbers, to know all the sounds of their letters, to begin to read some words, to ride their bikes without training wheels, to hear them say the scriptures they have already hidden in their hearts, the list could go on and on...
- I am thankful for their wonderful imaginations... I so enjoy hearing their silly stories about the lives of their stuffed animals and the silly songs they make up to sing around the house!
- Most of all, I am thankful that God chose me to be their mommy, to teach them about Him and His love for them... what a huge responsibility I have been entrusted with, but one which His grace enables me to embrace whole heartedly every day...
So, what are you thankful for today? Please take time to stop and give thanks to our wonderful Lord and Savior who has blessed us with so much. For more TT posts visit Grace Alone.














4 comments:
I love this post, Tricia! What a special blessing our children are to us Mommies!
Happy Thankful Thursday!
Happy Birthday Paul and David.
You live a live of love! I am so thankful for moms like you. I can feel your joy and gratitude. What blessed kids you have.
Happy birthday to those two little sweetie pies!
Post a Comment