Monday, January 5, 2009

Organized in 2009!


Organized... I just love to organize things... I love for things to be orderly and neat, and for everything to have a place. I can not stand clutter and piles of things, it is like I can not function properly if my environment is not neat and orderly. Even when I was in college I would have to clean my dorm room (and eventually apartment) before I could start studying for that big test or start work on that big project. Maybe I was really procrastinating, but with everything clean and in its place there was nothing to distract me from doing the work I needed to do.

Maybe that is why I am on a mission to get my house and my life more organized this month. My thoughts are that with my earthly home in order I will be less distracted and more able to focus on my Lord and what He is speaking to my heart and what His plans are for me each day! I long to hear His voice more clearly every day, and I desire to be able and willing to quickly obey the promptings of His precious Holy Spirit.

My plan for January is to go through all my closets, cabinets, and drawers... and organize, clean out, throw out, give away. I have already started! My sweet husband has given me lots of alone time this weekend to get stuff done around the house. So far I have cleaned out the boys playroom and closet (they were here for that and were slightly frightened as I locked myself in the playroom and called for trashbags!). I have cleaned out and organized my laundry closet, the spice shelf in my kitchen cabinet, and a dry refrigerator we have in our kitchen. It has felt great to get all that accomplished!

But even more exciting to me is that I have been working on getting my blog a little more organized! I have added my memory verse to my side bar and will update that when it changes. However, the addition I am most excited about is that I have added a prayer room rather than just a list of people to pray for. You can click on a person or family to pray for and it will take you to a new blog I have just created. There you can read a little of my own story about the person I am requesting prayer for, like how I know them and such, and then follow the link to their own blog or site if it is available. This is so exciting to me, as I love prayer, the ministry of prayer, and the awesome fellowship we can have with the Father and with one another through prayer. I desire for this new blog to be a ministry for and to others, and look forward to new inspirations from our Lord as to how to use this new blog and my current one for His Glory!

So, let me know what you think!

post signature

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, Tricia... I love your new prayer room. I will join you in prayer this year for each of these dear people.

Tracy said...

Wow, girl! What an inspiration! I'm slowly getting into my January get things organized mindset! There is plenty to be done, that's for sure. You're right...it's a great feeling to get things like that accomplished, and then the mental de-stressing that it brings is even better.

Love your idea of a prayer blog, too!

Blessings,
Tracy

Susanne said...

I love it!! I am going to be spending the month of January getting organized right along with you! Love the blog. Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

I'm right there with you, Tricia! I have my closets, drawers and cabinets already pretty much done, along with the garage and attic. My biggest challenge is to organize my time, both work and at home time to free up so much needed time for projects, family time and try to have less stress.

I will check out the prayer blog. Sounds wonderful!

Keep up the good work!

((hugs))
Jenn

Tea with Tiffany said...

You go, girl. All good things. Love the fact you are accomplishing things in 2009 already. Especially love your prayer blog.

I relate to liking order. However as a right brain dominate, I can get my paper pile quite high. Ugh, the battle with paper. But my house usually looks like it's in order. Ha, I must be good at hiding my piles. But my mind knows and feels them there.

Keep up the good work! And great mission of prayer!

DeeDee said...

love it girl!

I am working on my organization in the home- Kitchen cabinets first. But I have a LONG way to go.

~dd

Unknown said...

What a beautiful ministry Tricia. I love it.