Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursdays


Today I am thankful for the following:
  • The hand of God upon my life
  • That I came through my surgery yesterday without any difficulties, and that for now the nausea has gone... and I have not had to take any pain meds today!
  • For my sweet husband who has taken such good care of me...
  • For my parents who came to take care of the boys for us yesterday...
  • For my dad praying with me before we left for my surgery...
  • For my mom sitting on my bed spending time talking with me...
  • For my pastor coming to the hospital to sit with us and to pray with me before my surgery...
  • For the wonderful nurses who took such good care of me while I was at the hospital yesterday...
  • For the great meal my Sunday School class brought last night, and the meal that is being brought tonight, and the one being brought on Friday and another on Saturday! What wonderful friends we have... they are all truly a blessing to us!

I am truly blessed beyond measure, and for that I am so thankful! For more TT posts visit Grace Alone.

Please lift up prayers for my friend DeeDee, our pastor's wife. She was taken to the hospital via ambulance this morning with chest pains. They are to do a heart cath on her this afternoon. Please pray for good results... thanks so much!

Update on DeeDee... thanks for everyone praying for DeeDee, her heart cath came back clear, and they are keeping her for observation tonight and she should get to go home tomorrow! Praise God!

post signature

8 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Praying for you as you heal - and thanks for letting us know about DeeDee. I read her blog and haven't had a chance to catch up today. I pray she is okay! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Melanie said...

Oh, I've been waiting for you to post since your surgery yesterday. I just didn't think it would be this soon. So glad you are recovering smoothly and have so many great family members and friends helping out.

Will keep DeeDee in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the surgery went well. It is such a blessing to have good friends to be there for us when we need them.

Praying for DeeDee.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the surgery went well. It is such a blessing to have good friends to be there for us when we need them.

Praying for DeeDee.

Unknown said...

Praying you will continue to heal smoothly!

Praying for DeeDee - thank you for letting us know! If you get any updates and feel up to it - please post!

God bless,
Jill

Denise said...

Praying for you, and sweet deedee

Darlene said...

Great list of thanks!! It was so good to talk to you earlier. Glad you are doing good.
Praying for you and if I can help I am only a phone call away!!
Darlene

I just checked my e-mail and Dee Dee is on her way home ...all test came back clear! Praise God!!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thankful to know you are recovering and so is DeeDee.

May you continue to heal and be restored to health!

Hugs,

Tiffany