Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful Thursdays


"How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, not sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night."
Psalm 1:1-2




Today I am thankful for the following:
  • For God's Word and more time to spend in it this week...
  • For God giving me more nuggets as I dig into His Word. His Word is one place you can always find a treasure when you go treasure hunting!
  • For bargains! I went shopping yesterday and found a great dressing mirror for a great price - and my sweet husband said I could buy it, so of course I did!
  • For yummy bowls of soup on cold and windy nights...
  • For getting back to our normal routine and schedule! I am very routine and schedule oriented, and being "out of my routine" for a couple of weeks was getting very old...
  • For getting my kitchen pantry, closet, and cabinets cleaned out this week! It feels wonderful to get things like that accomplished!
  • That for now the rain has stopped!
  • For the power and privilege of prayer... if you have not checked out my new blog for prayer please do so... I still have some work to do on it, but it is up and running!
  • For the extra hugs my husband gives me when I've had a tough day with the kids...
  • For the love and laughter in our home...

What are you thankful for? I encourage you to take time more often this year to give thanks to our Lord for the many things we all have to be thankful for, big and little. For more TT posts visit Grace Alone.


post signature

14 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings.

Unknown said...

Tricia what a beautiful list!

I enjoy every time I stop by your blog!

May your weekend be filled with joy, peace and love!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Unknown said...

Hi Tricia,

I loved reading this post and your life of thanks. I hope to stop by your new blog. Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

Yummy bowls of soup and bargains, two of my favs!!
Love your list!

Melanie said...

I love your list, Tricia! All such special blessings.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful list of thankfuls, Tricia!

I also love those yummy bowls of soup on a cold night...bargains are bad either.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

oh i thank God for bargains too... =D

Grammy said...

A wonderful post. I love the photo of your kids below

Beth in NC said...

Awwww, I love your list! And I hope that someday I can add cleaning out closets and cabinets to mine (ha).

Bless you!
Beth

Aisling said...

I got some kitchen cupboard clear out done this week too. Not all of them, but a bit.

Laurie Ann said...

Great list of blessings, Tricia! Thanks so much for sharing your heart. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Shannon Payne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today Tricia! Your blog is beautiful and peaceful - I hope to visit again soon.

Anonymous said...

Like you, I am thankful for God's Word. I, too, love it when He shows me things in His Word! I love seeing applications from the OT and seeing complimentary Scriptures in the NT that go with Scriptures in the OT.

Hope you have a great week!
Karen

Michele Williams said...

Beautiful Thankful post. Thank you for sharing your heart... Blessings.