Here are a few pictures from our birthday celebration... I wanted to share more pictures but blogger is not cooperating with me today and this has taken me forever to do, so this will have to do for now...
On the boys "real" birthday (which they did not really understand... if it was their real birthday why was their party not that day... ) I cooked their favorite muffins for breakfast and had each a candle. They thought that was so neat! Then at lunch and dinner they wanted to know why they did not have candles in their pb & j sandwiches and chicken fingers!!
Our tradition is that James always decorates their birthday cakes (primarily because he is cheap and does not want to pay bakery prices for cakes that do not even taste that grand!) It has become something the boys really look forward to. Usually we have one cake, but this year, David wanted a train cake and Paul wanted a crane truck cake... how can you do both of those on one cake? James found these great pictures on the internet and took them to our local Wal-Mart where they printed them on sugar paper! We just placed them on the cakes and put the border around them... so easy! This was wonderful, as the boys loved them and they did not bother James' tendinitis in his arms too terribly bad.













9 comments:
Yes, I do know how hard it is to get 2 kids to look nice at the same time! Cute pictures! I had the girls' party early last year since I knew I was having Katherine right before their actual b'day and it took them a while to understand that too.
Hey Kerrie
I know you do understand... but sometimes girls pose a little better than boys, or do they?
And they about drove me crazy asking questions about why their party was not the day of their real birthday!!!
That is so precious! I love the cake idea and James doing it. Roger would never attempt it :) so off to Wal-mart we would go to order one.
Precious pictures of handsome little guys!
Loved seeing those photos. They look absolutely precious! Your hubby did a great job on the cakes! = ) No doubt it was a wonderful celebration!
Tricia, I'm so glad you shared birthday pictures! Those boys of yours are just too, too cute!
I love the cakes.. James did a great job. And, yea.. I know all about getting those pictures. My two can't ever seem to sit still long enough, or not be silly long enough, or whatever else it may be for us to get good pictures. I must have taken at least 50 pictures this year for Christmas cards! :)
I have never heard of printing pictures on sugar paper! That is revolutionary!!! I love it!
Love those pictures!! It is brilliant how you have gotten James to be in charge of the cake decorating!!lol I know the boys will always remember that fondly. So cool!!
Happy, happy birthday to two precious boys! Paul and David. Thank you for sharing this moment of time with us.
So hate we missed. But what a good tradition that their daddy always decorates and mommy always bake their cakes.
Post a Comment