
The following is a portion from my morning devotions today. I thought it was so good that I wanted share it with you... I am reading thru my new devotional "Streams in the Desert" thanks to Tracy! She sent me the most wonderful package over the holidays, as I was the winner of her giveaway. Her package was truly a blessing from God and refreshed me, and reminded me of God's love for me. You see, her package was filled with things that I had decided not to spend money on that I normally would have bought due to our finances being so tight... a new devotional book for the new year, a nativity ornament for our tree ( I buy a new one every year but decided to forgo it this year), some delicious lotion from Bath & Body works, and some other wonderful goodies. The package caused my tears to flow as it was such tangible evidence of God's love for me and His desire to meet my every need, and even some wants!
May the following minister to you as it did to me this morning...
Many Christian workers do not recognize the importance of the heavenly dew in their lives, and as a result lack freshness and energy. Their spirits are withered and droopy for lack of dew.
Beloved fellow worker, you recognize the folly of a laborer attempting to work all day without eating, but do you recognize the folly of a servant of God attempting to minister without eating of the heavenly manna? Neither is it sufficient to have spiritual nourishment only occasionally. Every day you must receive the "renewal by the Holy Spirit." You know the difference between your whole being pulsating with energy and freshness of God's divine life or feeling worn-out and weary. Quietness and stillness bring the dew. At night when the leaves are grass are still, the plants' pores are open to receive the refreshing and invigorating bath. And spiritual dew comes from quietly lingering in the Master's presence. Get still before Him, for haste will prevent you from receiving the dew. Wait before God until you feel saturated with His presence. Then move on to your next duty with the awareness of the freshness and energy of Christ.
from January 30, Streams in the Desert
You can also make a quick visit over here to read a wonderful post by a dear friend of mine about the refreshing and restoration of the Lord! It will put praise in your heart! Have a wonderful weekend!













3 comments:
I can only say WOW!! How the Lord works in funny ways. I can only cry when I realize how our "reveals" (for lack of a better word) are so connected but yet so individual. He did that for us! Oh the LOVE!
I am SO happy you got such a sweet gift package!
I've been reading Streams for years now. I too loved this one about dew. Thank you for sharing.
And an extra big thank you to Tracy for being the love of God to you in a real way!
beautiful post - Tricia -
Thanks for sharing your devotion with us.
Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee
Post a Comment