Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursdays



“Bring my soul out of prison, so that I may give thanks to Thy name; The righteous will surround me, For Thou wilt deal bountifully with me.” Psalm 142:7







Today I am giving thanks for:

  • The freedom that Christ has brought to my life and my heart! Freedom from the bondage of sin, freedom from having to conform to the ways of this world, freedom to be who Christ created me to be and not who others say I should be, freedom from the pit!! “I run in the path of your commands for you have set my heart free!” Psalm 119:32
  • The lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and that they endure forever…
  • The gift of the Holy Spirit and the fruit He produces in my life that I could never produce on my own…
  • The Word of God and how God speaks to me so sweetly and personally through His Words…
  • Flowers from my yard adorning my house, hydrangeas and roses!
  • Slow days with my children and their laughter…
  • My husband doing the dishes last night!!
  • Babysitters! I had a babysitter Tuesday so I could go to the dentist and run some errands… I even had time for a nice lunch all by myself at Panera Bread! It was wonderful!!
  • Fun outings with friends… Monday we went bowling and out to lunch with some dear friends from college, the type of friends who are always there when you need them, what a blessing their friendship is!
  • The hope that God has placed in my heart!

Don’t forget to stop and give thanks to our Lord and Savior today for all He has done for you, He deserves more praise and thanks than we can give. For more TT posts visit Sting My Heart.

post signature


18 comments:

Krista said...

So much to be thankful for and yet if we tried to name them all, we couldn't. His mercy is new everyday and His blessings are countless. I am thankful for that!

Blessed,
Krista

Kristi said...

That is a wonderful list. We went bowling this week too...fun times!

Anonymous said...

Amen to being who Christ created us to be!!

Thank you for the reminder!

Others do try to get us to be what they want, huh?!

Thanks for sharing.
Robyn

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/

Dana said...

Lunch alone at Panera? Yeah for babysitters!!! Wonderful list and much to be thankful for.

Tracy said...

What a beautiful list, Tricia! It has blessed me today! = )

Tracy = )

Melanie said...

Hi, Tricia. It looks like you've had a wonderful and blessed week. So much for which to be thankful. Love those quiet lunches and times with dear friends.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Unknown said...

love men doing dishes. I always tell Prairie Guy it makes him terribly attractive to me =D

Laurie Ann said...

What an awesome list! Thanks for sharing your heart, and have a happy Thankful Thursday.

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tricia,

What a great list. We should find things to be thankful for each day!

Thanks for sharing!
Cheryl

bp said...

Friends like that are wonderful to have! Have a blessed day! I love your picture at the top of your blog.

Darlene said...

Great list of thanks! We are so blessed. There is no way I could list all the things that I am thankful for.

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Darlene

Denise said...

Such a great list of thankfuls.

Joy said...

I love your header! Great Thankful list! God is good! I enjoyed your blog!

lori said...

Husbands doing dishes....GIRL that should be on the list!! love it!!

Hey, I have Adobe photoshop 6 but I'm still in the "Photoshop for Dummies" book....sooooooo....In the meantime I use PAINT.NET.
You can download it for free, forever....and it's a simpler version of the other programs..but fine for these type of things....all you really have to do is upload a pic...and play around with layers..be warned, it's TOO fun!!

The girl who designed my blog gave me the tip! If you need any help, let me know...listen...if a gal who is having trouble with the "dummies" book can do it....I'm pretty confident ANYONE can!!;)

have fun!!
lori

LAURIE said...

thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today on TT!

RefreshMom said...

I'm happy to have found your blog; it's nice to see one that's "All About Him."

Funny how we moms are thankful for similar things. I was thankful tonight for 30 minutes at Panera with my computer and a large iced tea. I'm looking forward--with great anticipation--to a date with DH tomorrow (a belated anniversary celebration) thanks to a friend has offered to have our boys over to play while we use a Cheesecake factory gift card and see a movie (we haven't seen a movie together since I was pregnant with my 5 year old!).

Aisha said...

Such a wonderful TT list. :) I really like your blog design. It's very neat!

eph2810 said...

You are right - knowing Christ is the best tool to freedom.
How nice that you had a babysitter so you could take care of some errands and visit the dentist.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and your precious family.