Just wanted to share a couple of quotes that really jumped off the page at me during my last few nights of reading...
(from page 164) "I urge you to consider and actually live as though each person you come into contact with is Christ." Wow! What a difference this would make in the way we treated those we come in contact with everyday... in the grocery store, at Wal-Mart, at the post office, in our homes, at work, at church! It definitely gives me something to think about, but more than that I desire to try to do this, but how quickly I get caught up in the ordinary things of my day and forget... I pray that the Holy Spirit would constantly bring this to my mind and remind me.
(from page 165) "We have a God who is a Creator, not a duplicator." Amen to that!! I found this to be very encouraging and very freeing. What this spoke to me is that I do not have to strive to have a prayer life just like the prayer warrior I so admire, I do not have to teach the Word of God in the same way as the teachers I admire and look up to, and I do not have to live my Christian walk trying to copy the walk of others. God created me unique, one of a kind, and with a special plan and purpose in mind that is just for me! I am to seek Him, worship and praise Him, have fellowship with Him, and He will lead and guide me into exactly what He has created me, and only me, to be!
What do you think? Do these quotes speak to you at all? If you haven't read this book it is a must read, go get it!!













4 comments:
Crazy Love is an excellent book! I have many quotes and highlights in mine too.
I enjoyed your post and I am motivated by your encouraging thoughts.
Crazy for Him,
Krista
I am still working on reading the book. I am soooo behind. I hope to catch up next week when Kids Kamp is over.
Thanks for the encouragement to get back into the grove and read the book!
Blessings,
Darlene
I always love knowing of a good book. I'm an avid reader. Both quotes I loved. I find the first one challenging and the next freeing, just like you.
I can't wait to read it. I already love the title..Can't read enough about the love of God and loving others. Not sure what angle the book is, but I believe it's good.
Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.
Tricia
Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments.
I loved the quotes. I've not heard of that book. I'll have to check it out.
I found you from my friend, Tiffany's blog.
I see you read The Shack. Did you like it?
Julie
Post a Comment