
“Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Give thanks to the God of gods, For His lovingkindness is everlasting. Give thanks to the Lord of lords, For His lovingkindness is everlasting… Give thanks to the God of heaven, For His lovingkindness is everlasting.” Psalm 136:1-3, 26
Today I am giving thanks…
- For God’s Word, “for in His Word do I hope.” Psalm 130:5
- That “with the Lord there is lovingkindness, and with Him is abundant redemption” Psalm 130:7
- For this country that I live in and for all those who have served and fought for our freedom – thank you!
- For sitting out back with my husband last night, watching our children play and have fun…
- For a wonderful getaway with the girls last weekend, and for the sound biblical teaching we sat under…
- For the happiness seen in my husband’s face and heard in his voice when I surprised him with a surprise date Sunday night without the kids!!
- For a slower week, we have had no plans any night this week and it has been absolutely wonderful!!
- Seeing my boys give Daddy goodbye hugs every morning…
- For having a husband who desires to pray with me in the mornings before he leaves to go to work…
- For sweet tea, swimming pools, and ice cream!!
“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing praises to You before the gods.
I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.
On the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul.
All the kings of the earth will give thanks to You, O LORD, When they have heard the words of Your mouth.
And they will sing of the ways of the LORD, For great is the glory of the LORD.
For though the LORD is exalted, Yet He regards the lowly, But the haughty He knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.” Psalm 138
I read this Psalm this morning and it brought me great encouragement. May God’s Word encourage you as it has me today. Don’t forget to give thanks to the LORD of lords, the God of gods, and the God of heaven today! For more TT posts visit Sting My Heart.













12 comments:
What a wonderful Psalm to begin the day with! I have been pondering all the different names and attributes of God this week and see so much of who He is in the Psalms.
What a beautiful reminder of what we can be thankful for! Have a great day, Sista Krista
Seeing a man be a great daddy is such a blessing!! Thanks for sharing your heart this week.
What a beautiful, beautiful TT list! The overflow of your humble, grateful heart has indeed blessed mine today. How I love those Psalms...
Have a wonderful holiday weekend with your family!
Tracy
Loving your list and the lovely refreshments at he end to top it off:)
What a truly precious post. Such awesome things to be thankful for. We lived blessed and highly favored, indeed! Have a happy TT and a great 4th!
That is a wonderful list for TT. Thank you for sharing your blessings with us.
Just reading through that Psalm was so encouraging to me too!
Sheila
Oh, what a beautiful thankful Psalm!! Thanks for sharing.
So glad you read your list, it made me happy for you.
Happy 4th of July!!
Tricia,
Awesome list and how awesome that your husband prays with you in the mornings.
Have a great SAFE weekend.
Cheryl
Your week sounds like it has been fantastic - thank you for sharing it with us & your thankful heart! Happy TT.
Hi Tricia,
Thanks for visiting me on WFW I have been out of touch this week but posted on Then Sings My Soul Saturday yesterday and a new post today. Come by and visit me again. BTW I loved your WFW too and your post on thankfulness. We do have so much to be thankful for don't we. I am thankful for being able to sit outside and enjoy the evening with my cowboy and all our pets. Thanks for reminding me of that. I hope you have a Blessed Sabbath.
Oh - who cool that you had a surprise date with you beloved - that is neat that had it planned and your beloved enjoyed it.
So sweet to have no plans and 'play it by ear'...oh and sleeping is wonderful :)
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.
Blessings to you and your precious family...
PS: I too find the most comfort in the Psalms :)
Post a Comment