James 1:2-3 "When all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives, my brothers, don't resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends! Realize that they come to test your faith and to produce in you the quality of endurance."
We sang these words in church this past Sunday… isn’t it funny how such a simple song that we sang as children, when you sing it as an adult it takes on a whole new meaning.
Following Jesus is not always easy, it is not always convenient, it is not always the thing that makes others happy, and at times others just do not understand why you do what you do. So for me, while I am going through a deep and dark valley in an area of my life, this song spoke volumes to my heart and soul. I am following Jesus, no matter what, and no matter how hard it gets, He is worth it!
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.
So are you committed to following Jesus, the world behind you, the cross before you, though none go with you? It is not always easy…
1 Peter 4:12-13 "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you, but rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed."













6 comments:
The song does take on a different meaning as we are older and more mature. We realize it is not mere words....but a choice.
Sorry you are going through a valley ....I am praying for you.
Call me if I can help or you need to talk.
Blessings,
Darlene
Amen. You encourage me. The faithfulness and passion of your heart makes my heart soar.
I wish it were easy to always follow Jesus that way (the world behind us), but a lot of the times I find myself wanting to follow Jesus with the world right beside me. :( It's always good to be challenged to wholeheartedly follow him; if you have nothing else - you still have Jesus!
What a great devotion for me to read and evaluate my walk!
I have decided too,
Krista
Love this song. These words speak out loud and clear about the commitment we have as Christ followers.
Lord, I pray you comfort Tricia right now. You know the dark valley she's in and you know why. Please provide her with all she needs during this time. Strengthen her faith, minister to her pain, and bring joy unspeakable as you pour out your living water into her dry places of her heart. Use this time to deepen her love for you. Amen.
I love this song, bless you.
I have always loved this song, but certainly find the meaning to be stronger and deeper now than I did as a child. It isn't always easy to put the world behind us to follow Jesus, but you are right... it is so worth it!
Thanks so much for this post today. I found it to be just what I needed to see today.
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment