Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday


"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts."
Psalm 105:1

Today I am giving thanks for:
  • Times of refreshing that come from spending time with my Lord and Savior...
  • The refreshing rain that has fallen and hopefully washed lots of the pollen away...
  • The treat of being able to sleep in this morning on a rainy day! What a blessing that was!
  • The peace that fills my house right now! Praise and worship music is playing, the kids are playing quietly and happily, and I am thoroughly enjoying it!
  • The fact that my children take pride in helping me clean the house... I just looked down in the den (we have a loft area upstairs) and David is diligently cleaning the windows on the door in our kitchen... what a sweetie he is!
  • Unexpected hugs and kisses from my children...
  • The fact that my husband has been able to come home early from work almost every night this week!
  • The wonderful way my husband loves me, takes care of me, and helps me...
  • The sound of my children singing when they do not know I am listening...
  • For this life, this family, and this day that the Lord has so graciously given me. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!!

What are you thankful for today? I really would encourage you to take the time to stop and think about what you have to be thankful for. This has become one of my favorite posts of the week to do, all because it causes me to stop and reflect on the goodness of the Lord in my life and all the many blessings, big and little, that I have to be thankful for. So stop and take the time to make your own thankful list!

For more TT posts visit our host, Lynn.

post signature

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh I love your list! Especially your children singing when they don't know you're listening. It took me right to thoughts of my youngest who loves to sing, especially when he doesn't think we're listening. Such truths I've learned from the innocent lyrics he makes up as he goes. What a blessing children are!!! It sounds like you have a couple of great ones, too.

Michele Williams said...

Such a sweet thankful post! Thank you so much for sharing... Blessings...

Samantha said...

Great list, Tricia!!

I love listening to my kids when they don't realize it too... whether they are singing, playing, or just having a conversation with each other. Some of the things that they have to say are just so sweet and innocent. I am thankful for those moments!

Melanie said...

Oh, my.. what a great list of blessings, Tricia! So many of these are things I consider such blessing, as well.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Laurie Ann said...

Precious post of wonderful blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday to you! And I'm praying for your friend Stacey. Bless her heart!

Linda C said...

I enjoyed reading your list of gratitude:)

Happy TT!

Linda C

Anonymous said...

Your thankful list is pure, heartfelt and down right precious. When you mentioned your little one cleaning the window, it made me think of my grandson, who will be 3 yrs. old in April. He loves to do the same, only he asks my daughter for a baby wipe to clean with. He follows right behind her and cleans along with her. Sounds like you have had a great Thankful Thursday. May God bless you with many, many more to come.

Love & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Lisa Grace said...

Thankfulness is a beautiful thing! I talked in my blog just the other day about the fruits of thankfulness being a result of faith and trust. Thanks for sharing =)

~Lisa @ Fields of Grace

Denise said...

Sweet list of blessings.

DeeDee said...

I love hearing the children sing... and especially when they don't know it..
Sweet list..
I am thankful for you!

Unknown said...

Trica,

Girl, what a great list. Also, I am cheering for you to receive the She Speaks scholorship.

I attended last year and it was awesome. Hugs.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Beautiful heart!

Thankful for you and your precious family.

Tiffany