It was one of those days where I wanted to hang up my "Mommy Button" and escape for some peace and quiet...
It was one of those days ALL DAY LONG...
So I went to bed at 8:00 last night, but right before going to bed I read a short devotion in a book that was given to me this week for my birthday, and it spoke to my heart...
I wanted to share the prayer and the verse that were at the end of the devotion:
Dear Lord: When I feel confused and out of touch with my surroundings, help me remember that my spirit is simply longing for my real home - the place you have prepared for me. I know it will be far above what I could ever imagine. I long for it. But I also know that you want me to finish my journey here on earth. Give me the strength and the courage to do that in a way that is pleasing to you, my Savior and my God. Amen
Revelation 21:4
"God will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
"God will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
(the above taken from "Hope for the Weary, Soul Restoration" by Terri Blackstock)
There will be no more! Thinking of my heavenly home and what it will be like infused me with hope and peace, knowing that one day I will be there, one day there will be no more....
No more...
- Stress
- Constant fighting and bickering between my children
- Headaches
- Harsh words spoken in anger or frustration
- To do lists
- Dust to have to clean (will there be dust in Heaven, I do not think so!)
- Sickness
- Pain
- Heartache
- Disappointments
- Hurt Feelings
- and on and on and on!
So, what "no more's" are you looking forward to in Heaven? Leave me a comment and let me know, I would love to know what you think! And have a wonderful weekend, focusing on the things that really matter, eternal things, not temporal things!













10 comments:
Oh, yes.. Tricia! You and I have been thinking and praying along similar lines this week. It is such an encouragement to know that our journey ends in heaven where there are so many "no more's"!
No more whining, no more mopping, and no more cleaning up after everyone!
No more need to diet =) Yea!
I hear you sister (see my post today) Hang in there and keep those things in prayer, I am doing the same thing. If I flee you can join me! ;) Have a better weekend!
no more darkness
no more bitterly freezing winters
no more fatigue
no more depression
no more sin
no more fear
oh I could go on and on. more of everything wonderful and no more of anything less than wonderful. oh what a glorious day that will be.
Hey Tricia!
I am struggling in some areas today and I look forward to the "no mores". Today, mine would be:
No more attackes of the enemy in my thoughts and emotions
No more feelings of being a failure
No more feeling inadequate in my role of wife, mother and child of God
I am going through an emotional battle today.
I pray that your day is much better today. Have a blessed weekend.
((hugs))
Tricia, my thoughts have turned toward Heaven alot lately, too. I think aside from being with Jesus (in His presence), the main thing I'm looking forward to is the no more sickness. I'm not talking about the stuff that I've been through lately, the bronchitis, sinus infections, etc., or even the chronic illnesses like fibromyalgia, IBS and depression, but major major things like cancer and alzheimer's. Just to know that we'll be in resurrected bodies where we'll feel good and bad news won't come...oh, how exciting that will be! My heart also longs for a world where no more violence and indifference to human life will be at hand. I pray that the Lord comes for us soon! I know we have to endure here on the earth as long as He decides, but I can tell you that the closer I grow to Christ and the crazier this world becomes, the more homesick I get for Heaven.
Thanks so much for your sweet, sweet comment on my blog. I'm glad you were able to stop in. I haven't been around too awfully much because of this plague, as I call it, LOL. I'm feeling better now, though! I'm about 75% better, I'd say. And this post just cheered me right up! I get goosebumps thinking about it (Heaven!) Great post!
Awesome words, thank you! It seems like so many of us have just had "enough"! I have taken a hard look at my own blog entries that have focused on the negative, and apparently it was all of them. My blogsite is now empty, and I will try really hard to focus on my blessings instead.
"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:8
This touched to my core.
No more Fibromyalgia
No more fatigue
No more anxiety or depression
No more Osteoporosis
No more arthritis
No more health issues
Despite it all though, He is with me and I still smile with His abundant grace.
God bless you. I enjoy your reading your site.
Alleluiabelle
I needed that devotion book last week too!
Like many have said, there will be no more tears, pain, sorrow, need to diet (yay!), no more allergies, high blood pressure, no more complaints!
Have a good week!
Post a Comment