She Speaks... I had never heard of this conference until last year when I heard some girlfriends talking about it and then read LOTS of blogs of ladies who went and were so very blessed by being there. And I wondered if I would ever go...
Then earlier this week I was visiting with Tiffany over at her blog and noticed that she was applying to win a scholarship to the next She Speaks Conference... and that it was open to anyone with a blog who wanted to apply! I began to pray about whether I should even attempt to apply, as there are many ladies whose blogs I read who I feel are much more qualified to go than me... but I have truly felt the prompting of the Lord to take a step of faith and try, who knows what may happen!
Below is a description from the She Speaks Conference website describing what this conference is all about:
"She Speaks is a life-changing conference for women of every generation seeking to explore the tug on her heart to reach out to the world for Jesus. Through She Speaks, Proverbs 31 Ministries encourages and equips women who are called by God to share our mission to bring God’s peace, perspective and purpose to today’s busy woman. Sharing God’s truth with love is not only a holy calling but a remarkable responsibility. We believe by equipping women to become more effective at sharing the Word of God, we multiply our efforts to reach a hurting world with the life-transforming hope of Jesus."
Why would I like the opportunity to win the scholarship to attend the She Speaks Conference....
- First of all, because I love Jesus passionately with all my heart and desire to share His love with other women... and to encourage and motivate them to pursue Christ Jesus with all their hearts, souls, and minds!
- Secondly, because I teach youth girls Bible studies and ladies Bible studies at our church and would love to have training to make my teaching more effective and more beneficial to the ladies and young girls who attend my classes.
- I love to blog, and since I am a SAHM of 5 year old twin boys, this is one of the ways I can reach out to the world from my little corner cluttered with legos, lincoln logs, trucks and tractors. I would love to learn ways to connect better with my followers and how to use my little part of the internet to make a bigger impact for His Kingdom. I blog solely to glorify Him, as the title of my blog states, "It is All About Him!" Jesus Christ has done so much for me during my life that I desire to live in a way that brings honor and glory to Him and draws others to Him.
- I also think that I have a book in me... it may be a way off before I ever tackle that, when my kids get a bit older, but I would love to hear about how to get started in that direction!
- Another reason I would love to win the scholarship is because finances are tight and there is no other way I could attend without having a scholarship...
- And for a purely selfish reason, a few days away from the normal mommy routine sounds heavenly!!
If you are also interested in applying for this scholarship, you can head on over to Lysa's blog to get all the details... today is the deadline, so do not delay!
I can not wait to see who God has chosen to bless with this wonderful opportunity!













9 comments:
Praying you get to go!! I actually have a good friend of mine who is going! It looks great!
Oh... let's go. I want to go back but did not know if I wanted to go by myself this year. :)
I have heard so many wonderful things about this conference. I wish our whole women's team could go! I wanted to go last year ...but it just didn't work out. Who knows....maybe this year is the year for us. We have been looking for a team planning time. What better time than on the way to and from this conference. Plus it is in the summer!
Good Luck!
Tricia,
I pray that you will win and have the opportunity to go. Any one that reads your site can see how much you love the Lord. I just think that you are such a delightful, loving, caring, encouraging, heartfelt, wonderful woman, mother, friend, daughter of the King. When He made you Tricia, He certainly had a divine purpose for your life. You have touched mine in so many, many ways.
God bless you dear friend,
Alleluiabelle
Good luck Tricia! You really have a gift for writing. I am always encouraged and motivated by the words God puts in your heart to share. And to know you...you have the sweetest spirit. I think you are exactly the kind of person that could win a scholarship.
Praying for you,
Krista
You go, girl! I'm proud of you for being bold and participating in this wonderful opportunity. :)
I know God has a plan for all who are interested in attending. He will reveal His plan soon and I will rejoice in His answer. No matter what.
Tricia, I hope to meet you face to face. And soon! Too bad we all can't go! I want to meet so many of my blogging friends that it's driving me crazy. Gotta rest and trust God.
Love you,
Tiffany
Praying you get it. I didn't realize you had 5 year old twins. I'm relatively new to your blog, though. :) I'm still learning! I have 8 year old twin cousins! Both boys, fraternal.
I've heard many wonderful things about the conference. HOpe it works out for you.
BTW, I nanny for 2 year old fraternal twin boys (have since they were 8 weeks old) and their 4 year old sister. What fun:-)
I've loved all the entries and have been so encouraged by everyone's hopes and faith! Praying for your dream and wishing you luck in the contest!
Post a Comment