Monday, March 16, 2009

Scripture Memory Verse

My scripture memory verse for the last half of March is a continuation of the verses from the passage I memorized the 1st half of March. I wanted to memorize this whole passage, and decided to break it down into smaller parts to make it a bit easier to do. The part in bold is what I am trying to memorize this time...

"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of this world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of this world to shame the strong. He chose the the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him."

1 Corinthians 1:26-29


And I wanted to share this excerpt from my morning devotions that really spoke to my heart today, and I think it goes well with my memory verses...


Christ is building His kingdom with the broken things of earth. People desire only the strong, successful, victorious, and unbroken things in life to build their kingdoms, but God is the God of the unsuccessful - the God of those who have failed. Heaven is being filled with earth's broken lives, and there is no "bruised reed" (Isa. 42:3) that Christ cannot take and restore to a glorious place of blessing and beauty. He can take a life crushed by pain and sorrow and make it a harp whose music will be total praise. He can lift earth's saddest failure up to heaven's glory. J. R. Miller

"Follow Me, and I will make you..."
Make you speak My words with power,
Make you vessels of My mercy,
Make you helpful every hour.

"Follow Me, and I will make you..."
Make you what you cannot be -
Make you loving, trustful, godly,
Make you even just like Me.

taken from Streams in the Dessert from March 15th


Have a wonderful day! And I encourage you to take some time to sit at His feet, soak in His Word, and let Him speak His truths into your heart and mind... you will be blessed, refreshed, and renewed if you do!

post signature

6 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

What an awesome post! I love the devotion that went with this verse!

Unknown said...

Philippians 4:12 (New International Version)

12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post today. I had quite a day today myself and reading this tonight lifts me up even higher and closer to the Lord.

Peace,
Alleluiabelle

Melanie said...

This is great, Tricia! As I've been studying Ruth I have run across several references to other stories in the Bible where someone's life that we might think a failure led to wonderful and beautiful endings and fell directly into God's plan. These are some of my favorite passages to read as it shows us that God can take anything and make it good if we just turn to Him!

Lisa said...

Amen and Amen! So glad to come by and read your verse!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Love Streams in the Desert. I read it.

Glad you are planting God's word in your heart! So needed to fight the battle of faith.

Be blessed,

Tiffany