Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm Glad I'm A Mom!

In honor of Mother's Day, there is going to be a giveaway of a new book that has been released, called I'm Glad I'm A Mom. All you have to do to enter the giveaway is to do a blog entry about why you are glad you are a mom, then go over to Extravagant Grace, download the button to put on your site, and leave a comment that you have blogged about "Why I'm Glad I'm a Mom!"

So here is my post!

Why I'm Glad I'm a Mom.... (and a mom of twins at that!)
I am glad I'm a mom because:
  • I get double the love, hugs, and kisses!
  • I love hearing the little pitter patter of their feet as they play around the house...
  • I love playing tickle and hearing their laughter...
  • I love lazy days of just playing outside with my boys...
  • I love tight hugs around my neck, when they hug me so tight and say "Mommy, I never let you go!"
  • I am the one they want to comfort them when they are hurt, sad, or sick...
  • Sometimes they tell me "Mommy, you are so cute!"
  • I treasure seeing the excitement and joy in their eyes when they experience and learn new things...
  • It blesses my heart to hear them sing praise songs while they play, just because they are in their heart!
  • I get to tell them about Jesus and His love for them!
  • I get to see how excited they are when Daddy comes home!
  • I enjoy sitting back and being a spectator as they have fun and laugh with their Daddy.
  • We get to go do fun things while Daddy works, like go to the zoo, park, lake, storytime, ...
  • I like to have them sit in my lap while I read the same book over, and over, and over...
  • They like to play beauty shop and make me pretty for when Daddy comes home!
  • It gives me someone to take pictures of and make scrapbooks of!
  • I get to cry tears of joy as I see them participate in cute little programs!
  • I have the privilege of praying over and for them daily...
  • Of the joy I have when I hear them talking about God and wanting to pray to Him for themselves and for others...
  • Of the precious way they say the blessing at our meals, and sometimes rather loudly in restaurants so that everyone looks!
  • And because I love to hear them say, "Mommy, I love you too!"
Well, I could go on and on, but I will stop here, you might get tired of reading. So, if you are a mom, tell me what makes you glad about being a mom, I would love to hear!

No comments: