This afternoon Paul was playing on the porch and excitedly called to me, "Mommy come see what I found." I go out there and he has caught a ladybug in his hands, and he is soooo excited! He wants to hold it and watch it, and he wants to carry it around in the house. I really didn't mind him having it inside, but I started thinking; if I let him carry this ladybug around in the house, what else is he going to want to bring inside and carry around later!
So I told him he needed to keep it on the porch. That did not make him very happy, he wanted to keep it close so he could watch it. Then I remembered an empty jelly jar that we still had so I got it out, poked holes in the lid, and in went the ladybug. That little ladybug has entertained them for about an hour now! And now they are out back trying to find him a friend! Oh my, I wonder how they will take it if their little ladybug doesn't survive this adventure. Hopefully we can let it go when daddy gets home and sees it.
Enjoy your afternoon!













3 comments:
How precious! I remember those kinds of days with my kids. Brandi was more into roly polies and caterpillars. Drew would pick up anything! Jelly jars do come in handy. Have a great day. :0)
just wait until you find a dead one that went through the laundry =))
so cute...I have 3 boys...My two oldest ones once found a lizard...they played with it a little to rough and I thought it was dead...until it got up and ran away!!!!
Post a Comment