Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday


"In God we have boasted all day long,
and we will give thanks to Thy name forever."

Psalm 44:8

Today I am giving thanks for:
  • The fact that I am feeling exponentially better! I have no pain, and my strength and energy have returned! Thank You Jesus!
  • The way God speaks to me through various vessels...
  • The gift of good books...
  • The fact that right now my house is quiet and peaceful while the boys are napping and/or resting...
  • Ice cream... I am going to treat myself to some when I get off the computer!
  • Swimming lessons... my boys have been going for almost 2 weeks and they are loving them and doing very well!
  • The opportunity to tell a wonderful and God sent nurse how much I truly appreciated her care for me over 5 years ago when I was in the hospital with pre-term labor for 2 weeks... her little boy is taking swim lessons when mine are, I had not seen her again since I was in the hospital. What a blessing to see her again and to be able to tell her thanks! I was in labor and delivery for 3 days and she took such extra and wonderful care of me!
  • Lazy days of summer almost being here!
  • One more haircut with my favorite hairdresser ever... she is moving far away to Washington state, but I did manage to book one more appointment on her last day! We will all miss her, as she cuts all our hair... what will we do?
  • For life... and for the health, strength, and energy to enjoy it!

What are you thankful for today? I encourage you to stop and take time to think about the many things you have to give thanks for...

For more TT posts visit Lynn.


post signature

10 comments:

Jerralea said...

Wonderful thankful list!

I appreciate a peaceful house, too. Mine are teenagers, so instead of napping, they are gone with their friends making the house soo quiet!

Allelluiabelle said...

A fine list of wonderful things to be thankful for today Tricia. I am so thrilled that you are feeling better and out of pain. Thank you Jesus!

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Denise said...

So glad you are feeling better.

Angela said...

I LOVED your thankful post...It really blessed my heart....

annies home said...

I am so glad that you feel well today and remember when you get down turn to him and he will fill your vessel

Melanie said...

Tricia, I am just thrilled to hear that you are feeling better. I real answer to prayer, I know.

Quiet houses, good books, good friends... all so wonderful and things I try to never take for granted.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
Your gratitude for everyday things, for the overwhelming things, for love blesses me this evening as I am reading.
May you day be blessed. ~ linda

Rita T. said...

Great list. Have a wonderful evening.

Rocks said...

oh the gift of good books :) yesterday a friend handed me the book " a jewel in His crown" I started reading it last night and I am so blessed.

Praise God for the good books!!

Unknown said...

Hi Trica,

What a great thankful list...

I am finally getting over to your place for Thankful Thursday…. Last week. Yikes, I am a bit behind. Thank you for honoring the Lord with your Thankful heart. I will see you again this Thursday. Hugs

PS. I forgot the computer tip last week but have a good one for this week.