Paul and David had their last day of preschool... I guess you can now consider them kindergartners... where has the time gone?
My little babies are not babies anymore, not even toddlers anymore... they are little boys...
I heard this song on the radio today and it almost made my cry. It was by Wayne Watson and about Water Color Pony's, how one day there will be no more water color pony's to look at and cherish. It made me want to cherish every single moment with my little men, to hold on just a bit longer...
Watercolor Ponies
Wayne Watson
There are watercolour ponies
On my refrigerater door
And the shape of something
I don't really recognize
Drawn by careful little fingers
And put proudly on display
A reminder to us all
Of how time flies
Seems an endless mound of laundry
And a stairway laced with toys
Gives a blow by blow
Reminder of the war
That we fight for their well-being
For their greater understanding
To impart a holy reverance
For the Lord
But, baby, what will we do
When it comes back to me an you?
They look a little less
Like little boys every day
Oh, the pleasure of watching
The children growing
Is mixed with a bitter cup
Of knowing the watercolour ponies
Will one day ride away
And the vision can get so narrow
As you view through your tiny world
And little victories can go by
With no applause
But in the greater evaluation
As they fly from your nest of love
May they mount up with wings
As eagles for His cause
On my refrigerater door
And the shape of something
I don't really recognize
Drawn by careful little fingers
And put proudly on display
A reminder to us all
Of how time flies
Seems an endless mound of laundry
And a stairway laced with toys
Gives a blow by blow
Reminder of the war
That we fight for their well-being
For their greater understanding
To impart a holy reverance
For the Lord
But, baby, what will we do
When it comes back to me an you?
They look a little less
Like little boys every day
Oh, the pleasure of watching
The children growing
Is mixed with a bitter cup
Of knowing the watercolour ponies
Will one day ride away
And the vision can get so narrow
As you view through your tiny world
And little victories can go by
With no applause
But in the greater evaluation
As they fly from your nest of love
May they mount up with wings
As eagles for His cause
As this is the end of an era for us and we get ready to start a new one, I will be taking a break from blogging for about a week or so, but I will be back! I am going to enjoy my family and savor every moment we have together as we embark upon a new era of our lives together...













9 comments:
Ah Tricia, you are a wise Mom indeed. The time passes so very quickly. Savor, savor my friend. I remember the first time Tom and I heard "Watercolor Ponies," Brennan was about 10 years old. We both cried! I'm excited for you in your journey with your boys. No doubt Kindergarten will hold many new adventures. = )
Blessings,
Tracy
Oh that is such a wonderful song!!! Time does go by too fast when it comes to our little ones doesn't it? It's so hard to see, but like the song says, we are raising them for His cause and what a joy it is to do so!
Absolutely precious Tricia and enjoy your time with your boys and the LORD. Congratulations to your little boys and the end of an era and beginning of the next. May the favor of the LORD walk with them.
Ok...that is a real tear jerker! My baby is 14, almost 15 and time flies by...way too fast.
Enjoy every moment with your babies because they will be in high school before you know it.
**I love my cards, CD and bookmarks. Thank you so much...you did a great job on Pay It Forward!!!**
((hugs))
Love you Tricia! This was beautiful. I've never heard the song, but the lyrics are oh so true.
I agree with Tracy, you are a wise woman. Enjoy and savor every single moment with your precious boys. They grow up way to fast! Now I have grandchildren that are growing up way to fast before my very eyes. I savor every single moment I have with them and I remind both my daughter and my son to do the same.
Have a wonderful time enjoying your family Tricia.
Love & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle
I had never read that before. It really speaks volumes, doesn't it? Time does pass by so quickly...do savor every moment of it.
I sometimes wish I could have just a little segment of time when my girls were little again. Just another hug - just to hear those sweet little voices again. I am glad that you realize the beauty of this season in their lives and are cherishing it to the fullest!
Tricia, what a beautiful song. Enjoy your time with your children and family!
Blessings, Heaven
Hold on as long as you can...it goes so quickly...so quickly the time passes, and your little boys will be men...
Post a Comment