Anyway, here is my next memory verse for the month of May:
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love."
1 Corinthians 16:13-14
So do you have a scripture you are working on hiding in your heart? If so leave me a comment and share it, I would love to see it!
I read this this afternoon and thought it would fit right in with this theme of scripture memory and wanted to share it. It is from "Holiness, The Heart God Purifies" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
"Reading, studying, memorizing, and meditating on scripture - these disciplines provide weed control and fertilizer for the garden of my heart, guarding and purifying me from sin and stimulating growth in grace.
No believer can withstand the assault of temptation and the encroachment of the world apart from a steady intake of the Word of God. (Nor can we feed on a diet of unholy reading material and entertainment and expect to have pure hearts or to grow spiritually.) Mark it down - your progress in holiness will never exceed our relationship with the Word of God."
That gives us some stuff to think about doesn't it? So how is your relationship with the Word of God? I pray that you have healthy doses of It daily!













2 comments:
I do indeed my friend (have healthy doses of it daily). My verse is the same as Beth's this time...Deuteronomy 4:9. I love your choice for this time. You are so right about the power of it's strength in our lives and how much we need that!
I haven't posted my new verse yet, but I do love the excerpt from that book. I think that will be my next purchase - looks like a great read!
Post a Comment