He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!" ...
He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. ...
For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
Because he has loved Me,
Therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high,
because he has known my name.
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him, and honor him.
With a long life I will satisfy him,
and let him behold My salvation.
Psalm 91:1-2, 4,9-11, 14-16
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!" ...
He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. ...
For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
Because he has loved Me,
Therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high,
because he has known my name.
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him, and honor him.
With a long life I will satisfy him,
and let him behold My salvation.
Psalm 91:1-2, 4,9-11, 14-16
This past week the provision and faithfulness of my Lord has just amazed me and brought me to my knees in adoration of Him... my Master, my King, my Lord!
I shared last week how I experienced the power of praise in the midst of pain, and how sweetly my Lord lifted my pain so I was able to get some much needed rest. Well, His provisions and grace did not stop there...
My pain continued until Friday, when it lifted completely and has yet to return, thank you Jesus! Through my days of pain God graciously provided me with friends who prayed with and for me, and those prayers enabled me to have the strength and energy to make it through those days doing the wife and mommy things I needed to do... if you prayed for me I thank you from the bottom of my heart! And please continue to pray that God would continue to work out His total and complete healing in my body...
God has graciously provided me with a wonderful friend who I know is a friend for life, even if we end up miles apart one day. She selflessly spent much of her precious time researching information for me on the internet about my health issues and the use of supplements, herbs, and diet for successfully treating them... and even provided me with some supplements from her "stash" to use until I could get to the store to get my own! She called me every day and checked on me, and I know she prayed fervently for me... thank you Sandra! (She really needs to do her own blog so she can share her wealth of information with all of us!)
I am trusting God to heal my body and to cause it to work the way He created it to...
"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask,
believe that you have received them,
and they shall be granted to you."
Mark 11:24
"and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one is sick,
and the Lord will raise him up,
and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."
James 5:15
believe that you have received them,
and they shall be granted to you."
Mark 11:24
"and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one is sick,
and the Lord will raise him up,
and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him."
James 5:15
God's grace is sufficient! He has provided me with the grace I have needed to make it successfully through the hard days... During my times with Him in the mornings, I told Him that no matter the pain, I want to serve Him... I desire to be a vessel for Him to live in, to work in and through, even in the midst of pain. I refuse to allow my pain to be a stronghold that would keep me from serving, loving, and praising my Lord and Savior! I desire for Him to be glorified in my life, especially and even in the midst of pain...
And I wanted to share another story of God's wonderful and timely provision... Thursday evening my boys were playing Red Rover in the house, even though I had asked them to stop, and David somehow sliced the edge of his ear on the corner of the wall or baseboard. We had to go to the ER where he received 2 stitches... but even in the midst of this God had His hand upon us! Even when I could not reach anyone to send out an email request to church to pray, even when I could get none of my 5 heart friends on the phone... God was in control!
We arrived at the ER and signed in, and just a few minutes later the Mom of David's best pal (as he calls him) from 4K pops her head out to see if it was really us... and it was! She was working the ER, and was just about to get off for the night, but when she saw that we were there she stayed late...
- She got us back quickly and took extra good care of us...
- She arranged for her favorite doctor to be David's doctor...
- She found David some graham crackers and sprite to eat and drink...
- She made sure his ear was good and numb before they started working on him...
- And she even offered to take Paul home with her until they were done with David...
What a blessing she was! Even though we had a little drama in our lives that night, God was in control of when it happened, what hospital we went to, and who provided our care so that David would be a little less frightened and would feel loved on and special! How wonderful and faithful is our God!
One more example of God's amazing grace and His sufficiency to meet every need in our lives...
Yesterday was Mother's Day... and I, like most mothers, looked forward to being treated special with extra acts of kindness and love. However, my husband became sick with a stomach bug Saturday evening, so I knew that "extra" acts of kindness and love were most likely not going to happen for me this Mother's Day... being that I have two 5 year old boys!
I will admit that I woke up Sunday morning with a bit of a pity-me attitude... and I began praying that God would give me the grace to deal with being disappointed. I knew my husband did not plan to be sick, and that he would have definitely done something special for me, but I still felt sad... I really did not want to go to church by myself. I did not want to have to sit by myself on Mother's Day, I just didn't... but I decided to go; because I wanted to worship my Lord. And I asked the Lord to give me a good Mother's Day... and He gave me a wonderful day!
These words from one of the songs we sang ministered so sweetly to my heart...
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me
Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me
Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me
His grace is enough, and is all I need! We ended up having a nice lunch and time of fellowship with my parents at a restaurant and a park. I thoroughly enjoyed our drive back and forth as the boys slept while we drove an hour each way. During my drive I was able to focus on the Lord in prayer and praise and worship, even though I was driving through a down pour! And the boys and I went for a nice bike ride to the park this afternoon after we got home... I am tremendously blessed beyond measure!
How has God showered you with His faithfulness and His grace recently? I would love to hear about it!













4 comments:
Wow - I love how you just pour out your heart in praise to the Lord - what a testimony to Him!
I can say that he keeps meeting me where I'm at and helping gently along the way in my struggles. It's soft and kind.
:)
mmmm, yes. His grace is enough. Always enough. I haven't been by in a bit, and had no idea the struggles going on, I am SO sorry. But so glad to hear that His grace saw you through!
Yes, we will be friends for life!
I am still praying for you! I am so blessed to have you as a dear friend! I know that I can always count on you to listen and to lift my needs up to our Father in prayer! That is a wonderful gift of our friendship! We're going to have some fun together this summer while I'm off! The pool is calling our names!
Sandra
Hi Tricia,
This is one of my favorite Psalms as I have it as my Header on my blog site.
I thank the Lord that I have come across your site here. I thank Him that we have crossed each other's pathways in this life. I thank Him for who you are in Him and how you encourage, love, inspire and uplift so many here. I thank Him, Praise Him, Worship Him, Honor Him and Love Him so passionately as you do sweet sister-in Christ.
I Praise Him that His grace is suffcient enough for all of us and that He let you experience even more of His amazing power and might in the midst of your trials of sickness that you have been battling with and with your son in the ER. What an awesome God we have and serve!
I love you Tricia and my prayers are being said for you dear one.
Hugs,
Alleluiaelle
Post a Comment