And God has answered me!
Here is what He spoke to me through some rather ordinary road signs last week as I was headed somewhere with the boys... I can't remember where we went, but I can remember God so clearly speaking to me!
Life has been so very busy lately, so busy that I almost have not had time to even think, I have just had to do... does that make sense? As I was praying while driving, I looked up and the words on this sign just jumped into my spirit, and it was as if God spoke directly to me and said, "Stop... take time to be with me... everything else will fall into place...""Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10
Psalm 46:10
Then I saw this sign on the interstate, where we can usually drive 70... it was as if God was saying directly to me, "Take things at a slower pace... slow down and enjoy this journey of life.""But you will not leave in haste or go in flight, for the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard."
Isaiah 52:12
Isaiah 52:12

Then I saw this sign, and it was as if God was saying, "Get ready, I have work to do in you and in others... be ready and willing for me to work in your heart and in your life, and in the lives of those you love."
"I am the true vine and My Father is the vinedresser,
every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away,
and every branch in Me that bears fruit,
He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
You are already clean because of the Word I have spoken to you.
Abide in Me, and I in you; as the branch can not bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me."
1 John 15:1-4
every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away,
and every branch in Me that bears fruit,
He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
You are already clean because of the Word I have spoken to you.
Abide in Me, and I in you; as the branch can not bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me."
1 John 15:1-4

And yet I came upon another sign... through this one God continued to speak to my heart; "Be cautious of the things ahead, proceed with caution, test everything against the scriptures..."
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit,
but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,
because many false prophets have gone out into the world."
1 John 4:1
but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,
because many false prophets have gone out into the world."
1 John 4:1
And one more sign that my precious Lord spoke to me through... "The road narrows... the road I am on is a narrow road, you must make sure you stay on the narrow path, many will stray from this narrow path, but keep your eyes on Me, follow Me in complete obedience and surrender and your feet will be planted firmly on this narrow path.""Enter through the narrow gate;
for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction,
and there are many who enter through it."
Matthew 7:13
"Strive to enter through the narrow door;
for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."
Luke 13:24
for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction,
and there are many who enter through it."
Matthew 7:13
"Strive to enter through the narrow door;
for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."
Luke 13:24
I am praying that God would continue to speak to me through the ordinary things of my days. I am asking Him to help me keep my ears open to His voice and my eyes open to see the things He would have me to see...
What about you? Does God speak to you through the ordinary things of your day?













5 comments:
Awesome post! I am going to slow down too. I love your verses.
Very motivating and encouraging.
Krista
I love it when God speaks to me thru the ordinary everyday things!
Great post, my friend! I loved how God spoke directly into your Spirit. I know that God spoke to me through your post today and these same signs and the scriptures that you linked with each one. I need to slow down and allow God to do the work in me that He desires to do.
Thank you so much for sharing your heart today. I needed to hear this so very much!
((hugs))
Thanks for sharing how God spoke to you. It's amazing isn't it...if we only open our eyes...He speaks to us in SO many ways.
Beautiful post.
great Tricia... He speaks.... we desire to listen...
Sorry I did not get to call back today. I will talk to you tomorrow :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment