Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday's Together in the Word!


Welcome to Tuesday's Together in the Word... We are a group of women reading through the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs using the same reading plan and holding each other accountable. On Tuesdays we share what we have gleaned from our time of study in the Word. To join us and to read what others have to share visit DeeDee, we would love for you to join us!


The following brought me much comfort when I read it, especially in light of all that is happening in our world today…


Psalm 22:27-28

“All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord.

And all the families of the nations will worship before Thee.

For the kingdom is the Lord’s, and He rules over the nations.”


All the families of the nations will worship before Thee… that is good, that gives me hope!



Let’s also take a look at Acts 14:15-17:


We “preach the gospel to you in order that you should turn from the vain things to a living God who made the Heaven and the earth, and the sea, and all that is in them.


And in the generations gone by He permitted all the nations to go their own ways, and yet He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good and gave you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with good and gladness.”


What vain things in my life do I need to turn from?


I am to seek God whole-heartedly, turning from the vain things of this world, and turning to the Living God. The same God who made the Heaven, the earth, the sea, and ALL that is in the Heaven, the earth and the sea. He made EVERYTHING. I am to turn away from the vain things in this world, I am to stop going “my own way” as He has permitted me to go (verse 16), and I am to turn to the LIVING GOD and serve Him.


For even when I have gone and do go “my own way” He did not and does not leave Himself without witness in my life. He “did good” to me – He gives me rains from Heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying my heart with food and gladness.


Isaiah 53:6 “All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.”



Father God, Please forgive me for going astray in areas of my life, for going “my own way;” for being selfish rather than selfless. Forgive me for the times I have followed my agenda and my plans for my day rather than Yours, for the times when I have wanted to be in control of my time rather than let You have my time, for choosing instead to listen to my own voice instead of Yours. Help me to turn to You, THE LIVING GOD, in every area of my life, and not to the vain things of this life. Help me to live in light of eternity and in light of my redemption. I choose to turn to you today- and to obey your voice today. Please help me to obey You. In Jesus’ precious name, Amen.




post signature

7 comments:

Meredith said...

"and yet he did not leave himself without a witness..." I am so very glad that HE left you as a witness.....you are such an encouragement to me!! So thankful he saved you for such times as these.
Can't wait to hear how your birthday went!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh, Tricia...I feel like I could pray that prayer daily, right now. Your words spoke to my heart today. Thank you...and I'm praying for both of us to have willing hearts to "surrender all" to Jesus...our time, our plans, our thoughts, and our days. So much encouragement on our Tuesdays Together...I cherish it!

Blessings to You,
Kelly

Blog is no more said...

What an encouraging post for today!! I especially love Psalm 22:27-28 were it says that 'all the families of the nations will worship before Thee.' That gives me so much hope as well. I am still praying for my husband to become a child of God.

Laurie Ann said...

Love the truths you shared - and my prayer echoes yours. I love reading His Word like this!

Darlene said...

Great post! I like reading the different things that each blogger gets out of the scripture!

Sorry I missed out on your Birthday celebration...I heard the food was good!
Blessings,
Darlene

Kelly Ellison said...

Beautiful post!

Kelly Ellison said...

Beautiful post!