Friday, February 20, 2009

Joy!

I just had to pop on here real quick and give the Lord some praise! I can not begin to tell you how wonderful I feel today.... I have absolutely NO pain anywhere in my body, and my heart is FULL of JOY, so full in fact that I feel like I am about to pop out of my skin with explosions of JOY!

Yesterday I had a wonderful day with my Savior... I was called to obedience by Him during my quiet time in an area that I had been putting off. I have known for quite a while that He was calling me to do something, and I wanted to obey, but I just kept putting it off. Well, yesterday He got my attention through His Word. It was in the first portion of scripture I read, and I knew He was talking to me... so I said, Ok Lord, I will be obedient in this area, I will do this for you today....

He called me to fast...

I used to fast consistently once a week, then I got married, still fasted some but not as regularly, then I had kids, and I just stopped fasting... I was nursing, I needed to eat for energy and strength (at least that is what I told myself).

Well, my Lord has been calling me to fast for quite a while now, and I have a few times, but not as often or with the right heart attitude that He wanted me to... I have not been obedient. But yesterday I stopped making excuses and just did it... I did not plan it when it was most convenient for me, I did not make any excuses, I just obeyed Him with a willing and expectant heart! It was by far the easiest fast I have ever done... and the sweet presence of the Lord and His fellowship was priceless.

And as a result of my obedience yesterday, and an awakened desire to seek Him more and to be more obedient, quickly, with a willing heart rather than a grumbling heart... He has filled my heart to overflowing with His JOY!

How I praise Him, worship Him, extol Him, and glorify His name!! We have such a wonderful, loving, and gracious God.... what is He calling you to do that you need to stop and do, now. I encourage you to stop making excuses, stop trying to find a convenient time, and just obey Him now... you will be tremendously blessed. After all, as I tell my children... obedience brings blessings!

post signature

8 comments:

Blog is no more said...

Wow! What an encouraging post! I needed to read that today. I am preparing the lesson to teach Sunday school; it is the last week of "Downpour" by James MacDonald, what an awesome study that has been. But my heart is just not into it today, I am having a hard time focusing on writing my notes.

I did Seeking Him with Nancy over the radio as well, bought the workbook and did some of it, but mostly listened to the radio sessions. It is an awesome study. I do have the dvds, they are the 15 minutes ones, is that what you have too? I just feel like I am missing some resources to help me facilitate the study.

Have a great weekend!

Melanie said...

Oh, Tricia, I am so thrilled for you! I can tell from your words how much better you are feeling today... no pain and only JOY!

It is so great to hear your words of encouragement about following the Lord NOW.... not tomorrow, not next week, but NOW.

I am so glad you took the time for this post and that I happened upon it when I did!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love the way you love Him. This post just made me smile. You encourage me so. I need to continue to "slow down" and find Him in each moment. He is there.

Tea with Tiffany said...

There is NOTHING better than the overflowing JOY of the Lord! I can't put words to my excitement. He satisfies the hungry! So glad you are filled! I love your heart and passion.

I'm with you, my sweet friend. Praising the Lord! Dancing. Singing. Thanking Him. Fighting for others in prayer. Loving Him...

Hugs,

Tiffany

Suzanne said...

Oh, one of my friends and I have talked for awhile about fasting. I may have to get back to you about that...as for your comment about music. We love Selah too! We just performed "Be Thou Near to Me" for offeratory and I love "The Faithful One" which would be so beautiful at Easter! Have a great weekend!

Marsha said...

Wonderful testimony of God's hand of blessing upon our lives when we live in obedience to Him!

I'm leaping for joy for you!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

There's a couple awards for you at my blog...

Darlene said...

Glad you are doing better! Can't wait till Tuesday! Have you decided on where to eat yet?